Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7th snow threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yea, we’ve seen this plenty of times in the past. Now I sit at 24 with a mix of sleet and freezing rain, with some flakes as well. The roads are horrendous. 

They scraped my road down to blacktop about an hour ago.  Now it's a ice rink. They should have left a coating down for traction.

4 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

They scraped my road down to blacktop about an hour ago.  Now it's a ice rink. They should have left a coating down for traction.

Yeah, today isn’t the day for a fast cleanup. I’m leaving it for now, it’ll make for an easier clean up later with this freezing rain falling. 

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Sounds like allot of past events on the island. I could drive 5 miles north to snow while it rained on the south shore. Feb 13 is a great example 

Yea just drove from freeport to westbury no white on the ground here but an inch up there probably more on the n shore

2 hours ago, bluewave said:

This was the typical storm from the early 70's to the early 90's with the exception of the snowy years.

This was a crappy SWFE.  The high position was lousy.  The only reason the coastal areas saw anything was because the low wasn’t that strong early otherwise this would have been all rain.   

6 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

This was a crappy SWFE.  The high position was lousy.  The only reason the coastal areas saw anything was because the low wasn’t that strong early otherwise this would have been all rain.   

The WAR has been running the show since January 8th. The storm last week was the only one that was able to overperform for the coast. We were lucky to get even that in such a tough pattern .

IMG_0079.GIF.0993bacd1d7c2bb36e9754dec66d2024.GIF

Archived