SnowHabit
Feb 7th snow threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Well there she goes...

Flipped over to a freezing rain and snow mix. Probably about 85% freezing rain and 15% snow. 

Going to get real ugly soon.

Yeah i had my doubts about the icing potential but we've only been ice for less than a half hour and its pretty bad out. The layer of snow underneath the roads is making it pretty treacherous. 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Yeah i had my doubts about the icing potential but we've only been ice for less than a half hour and its pretty bad out. The layer of snow underneath the roads is making it pretty treacherous. 

I can understand the doubts because it doesn't happen often around here, but this is a pretty classic setup.

No pingers here yet, just a solid mix of rain and snow, 80% rain.

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Looks like it has changed to sleet for good here, at 31F.  Freezing rain can't be far behind.  Nasty stuff, but hopefully short-lived.  We have 1/2" of new snow/sleet on the ground.  Not quite the 1" I was hoping for, but it's something.  

Changed to freezing rain here about 30 minutes ago at 31F; now almost 32F with very light ZR - about a 0.05" glaze on top of everything.  Driveways, sidewalks and sidestreets are very slippery, but any moderately traveled and/or salted road is just wet.  Should be rain soon, as it's 33-34F just 5-10 miles SE of me.

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Temp steadily rising on the South Shore with rain and 36 degrees. The coating from earlier melted and the pavement is just wet.

Just got north of the Southern State and while the pavement is wet there's a couple tenths on the grass and cars.

Archived