Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 7th snow threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

26/14...dp seems too low. Maybe sensors off. 

25 here...Curious to see how prolonged the changeover will be for us.  Here is Mount Holly in case you didn't see it.

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
  2 to 4 inches and ice accumulations of up to one-tenth inch
  are expected.

* WHERE...The Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania, and Warren and Morris
  Counties in New Jersey.

* WHEN...Precipitation is expected to begin as snow late tonight
  and may become heavy at times during the morning commute on
  Wednesday. Snow will change to a wintry mix of sleet and
  freezing rain late in the morning and continue through the
  afternoon hours. Precipitation may transition to rain late in
  the afternoon and early evening, especially in the warmer
  valleys.

6 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

With the thicker warm layer, ZR may be a bigger issue with some power outages near I-84. The NAM continuing warmer can’t be ignored at this point. And obviously accums would get cut down with the early pinging. 

2 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Even the colder Hi res is 1” or less for everyone here... 

I think the NAM is too warm especially at the surface. It already 7° to warm for me at 02z, and it has most of Orange county into the mid 40s by 7pm tomorrow lol.. Im pretty sure thats not gonna happen

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I still don’t believe the crazy torching at the ground in the slightest well inland. That’s always overdone. The mid level warmth is probably right, especially with a track like that. Hopefully it’s too amped. 

Well here in Middlesex Co NJ I'm busting the gore tex boots and raincoat out. Thank God at least I don't have to worry about ice. I do not like ice storms and fortunately they aren't common IMBY. 

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Well here in Middlesex Co NJ I'm busting the gore tex boots and raincoat out. Thank God at least I don't have to worry about ice. I do not like ice storms and fortunately they aren't common IMBY. 

Unfortunately we are going to torch like crazy. My question is whether I make it to 50 tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Unfortunately we are going to torch like crazy. My question is whether I make it to 50 tomorrow. 

Well, I look at this way. Most of my colleagues hate snow and will be overjoyed it isn't snowing. Not that they like rain either, but you get the drift. Very few people actually like the area much less the weather ( which is actually comparatively mild compared to a lot of places ) and most dream of retiring someplace warmer. Funny how FL was just voted worst state to live in. I never liked the place....starting to wonder if even northern areas are going to see much from this.

28 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

With the thicker warm layer, ZR may be a bigger issue with some power outages near I-84. The NAM continuing warmer can’t be ignored at this point. And obviously accums would get cut down with the early pinging. 

It was a trip watching everyone in the SNE forum tossing all the models today as they kept trending further N/W with the mid-level lows. I could appreciate their reasoning and knowledge of local climo, but it seems like a few of the outlier mets banking on the warmest solutions may be vindicated.

Archived