SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 7th snow threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with decent consensus in the low tracking near or just south of the city, I think northern parts of the city and especially just inland will have a prolonged freezing rain risk due to N/NE surface winds (ageostrophic flow never modeled well). could be some quarter inch amounts up there.

10 minutes ago, snywx said:

GGEM looks to still dump in and around 84. 

North and West of KSWF looks to be mostly snow, Southeast of there looks to mix. It appears that there will be about a 25 mile swath of ZR/IP which extends from about the Warren/Morris County line Northeastward towards the Passaic/Bergen line and then up into Dutchess.

sketched_5a788e04ec295.png

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Still brings mix pretty far north

In my experience around these parts, when there is a question of mix or no, it usually mixes and more than anticipated.  Almost every event with the threat of mixing has that warm nose stronger and further north than progged, almost every single time.. Expecting 2-3 inches of snow here in Central Dutchess with a ton of IP and ZR on top.  The 6 plus snows will stay north of and west of Kingston imo. 

1 minute ago, White Gorilla said:

In my experience around these parts, when there is a question of mix or no, it usually mixes and more than anticipated.  Almost every event with the threat of mixing has that warm nose stronger and further north than progged, almost every single time.. Expecting 2-3 inches of snow here in Central Dutchess with a ton of IP and ZR on top.  The 6 plus snows will stay north of and west of Kingston imo. 

I feel the opposite, I feel when models push the mix line north of 84...it usually never makes it past...I’d think your getting more than 2-3 up in Poughkeepsie....euro is the only model not giving u atleast 3-6... and 3 runs ago the euro was rain to Albany, hadn’t been the staple of consistency 

3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I feel the opposite, I feel when models push the mix line north of 84...it usually never makes it past...I’d think your getting more than 2-3 up in Poughkeepsie....euro is the only model not giving u atleast 3-6... and 3 runs ago the euro was rain to Albany, hadn’t been the staple of consistency 

The mid level cyclones track over your head. Pretty much a guarantee that the mid level warm punch will at least reach your area.

Archived