joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winds are starting to freshen.  Even before the big gusts get here, tree branches are already snapping every few minutes.  Been sitting on the back porch listening and it's reminiscent of the October 2011 snowfall with the amount of crashing sounds.  At the high for the day of 32.7 now.  Total liquid today was 0.97"

7 hours ago, joeride said:

I live in Thurmont. Our high for today was 33, for roughly 2 hours. It's 31 now power lines are down everywhere. It's going to be awful when the wind picks up tonight 15 mph winds gusting to 30, trees and power lines will be no match. 

I hope you all stay safe.

I'd give anything to have all of your ice. Just Wow!

Left Four corners at 1p and it's 34. Over Ches Bridge and to north end of Choptank Bridge and it's gradually risen to 39, on Bridge, big low clouds comes in really misty, by time to south end of Bridge it's 48! Get to Salisbury and it's 61.  Leave Salisbury 7pm it's 61, drive 10 miles north and it's downpour and 45.  Get to Harrington and it's 39. Nice in and out of fronts experience 

3 hours ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

this was a pretty below average temperature winter storm... lucky 

We’ve taken “33°F and rain” to a whole new level.  31°F and rain is our new definition of futility. 

Got 0.3” of accretion in Clarksburg, more than the 0.25” from Sunday. Two legit icing events in 3 days.  Temp remained below freezing all day until 6pm when it spiked up to 35°F for two hours as the front pushed through. 

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

What, no school delays today for those ice patches leftover from yesterday's rain?

FCPS MD is on a 2 hr. delay. Although I suspect that kids to my West and North may not be able to get into school. Many roads closed and a lot of power is still out. Glad we did not get the winds that were talked about over here. Was mostly calm all night. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
On 2/8/2018 at 6:18 AM, das said:

We’ve taken “33°F and rain” to a whole new level.  31°F and rain is our new definition of futility. 

Got 0.3” of accretion in Clarksburg, more than the 0.25” from Sunday. Two legit icing events in 3 days.  Temp remained below freezing all day until 6pm when it spiked up to 35°F for two hours as the front pushed through. 

yeah it's been kind of crazy. Can't wait for classic +PNA/-AO

Archived