Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, high risk said:

So, it looks like we're going to be playing the game again overnight determining whether the winds and drop in dew points are able to dry up the wet spots before the temperature plummets.   Worried about another round of school delays tomorrow.

Would it be similar to Sunday where fog could develop too and add to a possible icy situation or will winds really just inhibit that aspect?

7 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

Would it be similar to Sunday where fot could develop too and add to a possible icy situation or will winds really just inhibit that aspect?

Seems like the drying out will start earlier which should reduce the threat of fog and increase the potential for rapid drying of wet spots.    On the flip side, the drop in temperature should occur much earlier than it did Sunday night.

25 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Just lost this willow tree in the center of my front yard.  Really wasn't looking for this work, and will miss that tree a lot.

willow.jpg.3171d091f2eeaa3046e2231d8f283cee.jpg

I can't tell how big that is, but if I could limb one or two of the unbalanced branches and stand that sucker up, I'd try staking it and see how it does. Willows propagate like weeds.

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

I can't tell how big that is, but if I could limb one or two of the unbalanced branches and stand that sucker up, I'd try staking it and see how it does. Willows propagate like weeds.

Thanks for the suggestion.  When the weather improves I will get out there and try to see how much of the root is above ground.

I think it stood between 15-20’ high.  There was a second willow across the yard that Sandy brought down.  That one really uprooted.

17 minutes ago, das said:

After a slow but Icy start, ice is really starting to build up in Clarksburg. Temp has jumped from 29.7°F to 29.8°F in the last six hours.  I am in DC so the only pic I have is from the local traffic camera:

B5272794-FC32-49A5-9373-1C8BBBEDA64B.thumb.png.63e5f2a724906c26302f0a3ebfb376ed.png

Looks pretty similar to the power lines in my neighborhood. Sunday had them drooping a bit more, but still noticeable today. Lots of micro-climates in Northern MoCo

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived