Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

6 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Seriously. Was 33 when I left the house, and 35 here at Fort Belvoir...with serious precip probably an hour or so away in this part of NoVA. I questioned FCPS's call LAST night for a 2-hour delay this AM...they're going to, and rightly should, get an earful about this boneheaded status change.

It’s gone way, way beyond ridiculous now. Like so far beyond that there’s no coming back.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scraped the windows and drove into the depths of PGCo.

Not slippery like Monday was. No precip since 6:00 +/- Salters are out. Bumper temp tickled 33 at one point, but otherwise at or below frzg all the way in.

Both counties 2 hours late on schools and probably reasonable. Closing would not be.

It's 31.9 in Silver Spring with the slightest glaze on our deck and cars. Trees are clear. Roads dry. I'm assuming the northern part of the county must be icier since MoCo just closed for the day. They had already used up all their days so this one has to be made up in June.

OPM may say two hours but NASA Goddard went with the old "delayed start until 9am" card they like to play....

Just now, dukeblue219 said:

It's 31.9 in Silver Spring with the slightest glaze on our deck and cars. Trees are clear. Roads dry. I'm assuming the northern part of the county must be icier since MoCo just closed for the day.

OPM may say two hours but NASA Goddard went with the old "delayed start until 9am" card they like to play....

The same assumption is being made by people in Fairfax County.

:lol:

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

FCPS MD just closed. The northern part of the county I am guessing is what made the call. I am in the SW part and things just look wet. 

My daughter just got told she should use this day off to clean her room. 

Sorry in advance for quick banter -- but I hope, @Mrs.J, you have time today to make some of those awesome homemade soups I've heard you talk about in years past...  :)

35 and holding at Fort Belvoir, nothing falling...looks like some light frozen on radar out around Manassas.

15 minutes of freezing drizzle around 6am.  It’s 33 now and not doing anything.  Kinda boring here.

Shockingly, 2 Chic-fil-a restaurants were closed do to inclement weather on Rt. 3 in Crofton.  Lost a lot of business.  Even more weird was the cars in drive thru waiting?  The lights were off, nobody there and signs up. 

14 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Sorry in advance for quick banter -- but I hope, @Mrs.J, you have time today to make some of those awesome homemade soups I've heard you talk about in years past...  :)

35 and holding at Fort Belvoir, nothing falling...looks like some light frozen on radar out around Manassas.

Potato and Onion is on the plan for today. :) Have found a fantastic homemade Ramen that puts the college packets to shame! It is proper Ramen.

30 currently here rain has stopped. Deck is an ice rink roads just look wet. Frederick scanner reporting accidents all over the county. 

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

The same assumption is being made by people in Fairfax County.

:lol:

They follow Ji on twitter so they know they have to burn their snow days somewhere.

Semi-frozen drops on the car.

I’m sure the HRRR flopped last night, but the last one I looked at nailed the precip hole perfectly.

11 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

15 minutes of freezing drizzle around 6am.  It’s 33 now and not doing anything.  Kinda boring here.

Shockingly, 2 Chic-fil-a restaurants were closed do to inclement weather on Rt. 3 in Crofton.  Lost a lot of business.  Even more weird was the cars in drive thru waiting?  The lights were off, nobody there and signs up. 

Now thats funny. Cars waiting in the drive thru like programmed zombies. Not a clue regarding their surroundings. Typical stupidity that drives me nuts, but makes me laugh.

31.4 and some zr drizzle. 

2 hours ago, das said:

Straight to ZR here in Clarksburg.   29.7°F / 22°F. Ground never thawed yesterday so we have the very desirable ice on ice. Oh, wait....

Small update, there was a little IP on the sidewalks/cars when I went out a bit later so it was IP then ZR.  Euro FTL, Forecaster input FTW...

All untreated surfaces, including neighborhood roads, were a sheet of ice.  Main roads were fine with 10,000,000 trucks out salting.

11 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

@Mrs.J

That looks great!  How do you make your broth?  

Temp has fallen a bit the past 30min.  Down to 30.0  Starting see some accidents around the area....

https://www.fortheloveofcooking.net/2015/07/homemade-ramen.html 

It is very easy. And if you let it sit in the fridge for a day or so it is better. Note I did buy the ramen packets just for the noodles. And instead of a hard boiled egg I did a fried egg. That is how it gets served at Lazy Fish our favorite Sushi restaurant here. 

Ok finished hijacking the thread with food...

This was another event where we had a crossroad moment and went the wrong way. On Sunday models were very close to giving us a nice snow burst before changeover. Needed one more good trend. Instead it goes the complete opposite direction to the point where even northern md didn't see any snow

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived