Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wawarriors4 said:

I wish I knew what, although even just a trace of ice is worth a WWA. It’s funny, I’m at 31 in Stafford now and I think I’m more concerned about no precip when temperatures cooperate vs just rain

I’m at 26 and have the same concern.  Always something to worry about in the MA

What are the chances that NWS will increase the timing of their advisory to beyond 10AM? 

Fairfax County’s main source is NWS...and I’m not too hopeful they’ll change to closure. Either way I’m going to bed and turned off my alarm. Hopefully waking up tomorrow will be worth it

Thermometer bouncing a little between 27/28, so we’re cooling pretty well in Northern MoCo. That break in the precip may end up being a savior for the area. Any prolonged precip from start till 10/11am east of Rt 15 will make for a nasty result. Still ice on trees around my area with places like Clarksburg in worse shape. Das must be busy. Usually he’s all over these events with temp updates. Must be really busy, or in Vermont haha

11 minutes ago, Ji said:

This winter sucks

Patience, my friend...just remember that even if we don't cash in this winter...we may be due next winter (good thing about winters in the MA is that, besides the 70s, we don't often strong together more than 2 or 3 crappy ones in a row (and let's not forget we had 3 consecutive above average winters before this stretch). Alright, no more off topic...my apologies, lol

Well, I am back up in Jefferson County again lol, and I can report we have clear skies here, 17 mile visibilities.

Lots of plows up here, lots of hope, but I will probably miss out AGAIN since it looks like this probably wont get going til noon Wednesday after all.

Thwarted, AGAIN! lmao

I do a lot of chasing, dont have much to show for it. I also think I might be bad luck, perhaps if I were to go to Austin for a month, we might get shellacked by snow?

Sleet, freezing rain and rain delayed is sleet, freezing rain and rain DENIED.

I'd love to get stranded by sleet and ZR, and spin the car all the way into Prince William. Too bad I am in the WRONG part of the country for that, this winter.

1 hour ago, SnowGolfBro said:

If a train of precip leaves Lynchburg at 11:30 traveling at 35 MPH on a NE trajectory what time does DC get screwed out of snow? There are no wrong answers

Answer: At 3am DC gets a surprise snowy overperformer.

Trajectory of precip looks to hit Dale City HOURS before it hits Jefferson County W VA lmao.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived