Newest Member
    joxey
February 7th Snow To Rain Event

Cobalt

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Looks like everyone west of 95 and North of the beltway is already at freezing or below save for a couple outliers. Interesting to see how low we can go before precip moves in overnight

As long as it remains clear we can drop a bit more.  Once clouds roll in temps willl rise as expected.  Lower the better I suppose.  But the precip is what we need early enough.  

5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

As long as it remains clear we can drop a bit more.  Once clouds roll in temps willl rise as expected.  Lower the better I suppose.  But the precip is what we need early enough.  

I guess I’m focused on step 1 (temps). Without cold air clouds and precip are just cold rain

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

I guess I’m focused on step 1 (temps). Without cold air clouds and precip are just cold rain

Yes agree.  It could have been sunny and 48 today and clouds could have rolled in after sunset.  That would have been a death blow for some of us.  In some ways this set up may let us get more snow.  I had little snow from the weekend event so more than 30 minutes would be bonus.  I don’t know what will happen.  But the short range meso doesn’t look that awesome.  Maybe they didn’t count on these clear skies.  Sure that’s it

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived