joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

16 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

This is what we like to read on a Monday morning:

Wednesday

Snow. Heavy snow accumulation. Cold with highs in the mid 20s. East winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

Wednesday Night
Snow. Lows around 20. Chance of snow 90 percent.

33.5*

Any whining today?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Not a hard forecast up here, Pretty much 6-12” across the board in NH/ME

You’re in a great spot at this stage. I’m cautiously optimistic for mby but still think this has room to come north some. I think high confidence for an all snow event is anyone north of southern VT and SNH. 6-12” is a good range for those areas...

7 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

You’re in a great spot at this stage. I’m cautiously optimistic for mby but still think this has room to come north some. I think high confidence for an all snow event is anyone north of southern VT and SNH. 6-12” is a good range for those areas...

We do real well up here in these, 2007 we had quite a few events like this one coming up and was one of my better snow years with 138" for the season.

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

We do real well up here in these, 2007 we had quite a few events like this one coming up and was one of my better snow years with 138" for the season.

Surface High is precarious. No UL support to have it stick around, so I'm concerned we see its influence diminish over time on guidance...

Right now this looks like a colder version of what we saw yesterday, which really isn't confidence inspiring for a significant winter event here, considering I didn't see a flake, and hit 40F. 

I think the better chance for a colder solution is shearing the system out more, as opposed to a "colder" surface high.... I think we could see these trends offset somewhat and the boundary remain across CNE, southwest to northeast.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

3-5” here to ice to dz. Add to the 1-2” left Otg . More next weekend 

Next weekend right now looks to be rain.    But that's way out there so of course that could change...but I wouldn't be saying it's a snow event around here yet at this stage.  We'll enjoy whatever Wednesday gives us...that's still up in the air to be quite frank too???

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Next weekend right now looks to be rain.    But that's way out there so of course that could change...but I wouldn't be saying it's a snow event around here yet at this stage.  We'll enjoy whatever Wednesday gives us...that's still up in the air to be quite frank too???

It does?

Archived