Jump to content
  • Welcome to American Weather

    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

weathafella

Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Thank you old man winter for starting this..............:)

Let’s hope it brings juju.   I’m cautiously optimistic for a decent front ender here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big front ender there on euro. Prob close to warning in the pike region and solid advisory to the south....esp over interior. Sfc low takes a more typical track for that high position. No way interior gets to freezing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wait, I've never seen that... the Kuchie snow maps are like nothing south of the Pike but the 10:1 maps have 3-6" south of the Pike. 

I've seen that. In borderline events, those differences comes out. It's like it treats borderline events as non accumulating mash potatoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wait, I've never seen that... the Kuchie snow maps are like nothing south of the Pike but the 10:1 maps have 3-6" south of the Pike. 

Kuchera does not like snow ratios with a temp in the column at or above freezing. Snow with a temp of 34F would give a ratio of 6:1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kuchera does not like snow ratios with a temp in the column at or above freezing. Snow with a temp of 34F would give a ratio of 6:1. 

Doesn't seem too unreasonable I guess... hard to say though as at that temp sometimes you're getting big aggregates that stack up.  I  mean 34F needles yeah, you're getting sometime a bit better than sleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Doesn't seem too unreasonable I guess... hard to say though as at that temp sometimes you're getting big aggregates that stack up.  I  mean 34F needles yeah, you're getting sometime a bit better than sleet.

Given the temp profiles. that's like 3-4 easily for BOS anyways. Very cold to start at 925 and even with east winds, that would hover like 31 at BOS for awhile. Not really a paste job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Given the temp profiles. that's like 3-4 easily for BOS anyways. Very cold to start at 925 and even with east winds, that would hover like 31 at BOS for awhile. Not really a paste job. 

Yeah, I like on Wxbell it has a field for max H85-H7 temperatures... really useful in a SWFE like this.  Looks like on the Euro run the 0C or higher in that 850mb-700mb level gets to north of the Pike but south of RT 2 where it stalls out.  So RT 2 and north is all snow.  Like SWFE climo right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, I like on Wxbell it has a field for max H85-H7 temperatures... really useful in a SWFE like this.  Looks like on the Euro run the 0C or higher in that 850mb-700mb level gets to north of the Pike but south of RT 2 where it stalls out.  So RT 2 and north is all snow.  Like SWFE climo right there.

Pretty much. Might be a sneaky war tongue that sleets to SNH or so, but solid event rt 2 north...even to pike I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×