Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

30 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I could see pike region being mostly 2-4"....it snows for about 4-5 hours tops. It's gonna have to really blitz to get more than 5". It admittedly is snowing pretty heavily...esp right before the changeover, so an extra hour could make the difference of 1-2 inches.

exactly, but the difference is now I think instead of an icy crust....we will ping for a while and probably down pour rain with temps spiking into the mid to upper 30s so it will become an ugly slush fest which is worse when things refreeze

I never bought into much more than a few inches of snow but this is def warmer than I thought...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DomNH said:

Every SWFE ends in snizzle but hard sell on any ice accretion.

I have a feeling if it flips early than we think it'll be more sleet in SNH. Warm layer is 850 and below and that'll get chipped away with latitude. Further south maybe ZR becomes an issue

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Pickles is in usual all out panic mode I see

Im squating w the ladies

Dont go all emotional as someone dampers Ur enjoyment on the lead up to a storm. So your not getting more than 3"? Weenies like the chase as much as the storm itself. 

Mid levels warm, i pelt. Maybe i see 5". Ill repost when im right while in your jammies

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it does. Qpf is pretty front loaded though. Euro is wrapping up not too much after 00z. Could be wrong but I just don't see ZR a big issue here 

Yeah I definitely think we do some pinging after 4-8''. Hard to stay all snow in SNH with an amped SWFE. 

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im squating w the ladies

Dont go all emotional as someone dampers Ur enjoyment on the lead up to a storm. So your not getting more than 3"? Weenies like the chase as much as the storm itself. 

Mid levels warm, i pelt. Maybe i see 5". Ill repost when im right while in your jammies

I’ve been thinking 4” with ice here all along. Nothing has changed in 2 days unless you live and die with models and don’t know Climo and how these work 

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I love how that high really races east into a lousy position at 0z.

12z it looks great.

Now i see the kinks in the isobars at 12z and 18z , by the usual spots up in CAD central , that high sliding east does not provide less resistance for a low to track

Inland across SNE?

This is a difficult question to ask bc it threatens the joy of a impending winter storm but i have not seen a high slide east like this from such a solid position at 12z  to crap at 0z.

I dont really see my area being affected wrt snow totals bc i believe mid levels are cooked by 5, but more to the Salem NH to PSM area flipping to liquid by say 6-7

Look at the upper levels. No support to anchor it. 

It's really just an extension of the WAR imo.

18 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Im squating w the ladies

Pics?

Archived