Newest Member
    Dano62
Bonafide SWFE 2/7-8

weathafella

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Doesn't seem too unreasonable I guess... hard to say though as at that temp sometimes you're getting big aggregates that stack up.  I  mean 34F needles yeah, you're getting sometime a bit better than sleet.

Lot  of that 10 to 1 is sleet too, best to look at precip type maps before you get dumbfounded

Those snow algorithms are also dependent on the model being correct too. You see those 34F sfc temps "punishing" an area on snowfall but in reality it's not 34...it ends up as 31. The models love to warm the sfc above freezing in steady precip when 950mb is like -3C. Prob one of the worst biases they have. Those are prob the scenarios when the kuchara maps end up way lower than a simpler 10:1 map. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Those snow algorithms are also dependent on the model being correct too. You see those 34F sfc temps "punishing" an area on snowfall but in reality it's not 34...it ends up as 31. The models love to warm the sfc above freezing in steady precip when 950mb is like -3C. Prob one of the worst biases they have. Those are prob the scenarios when the kuchara maps end up way lower than a simpler 10:1 map. 

index.png

23 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

trend in most  models and ecwmf  is colder and south  . watch by mon runs more colder storm

We hope, because a lot of our posters live along and south of 95 and we don't want a sloppy 2 inches during a time that is historically our snowiest week of the winter. But, to be fair, even on July 4th you forecast cold and snow.

FOOEY!  

Wx gods hate me!  I fly here in early December, and MBY in Georgia gets 8" of snow.  Fly back to the NE, and it's just dibbles and sleet and cold ... of COURSE they won't send a decent snow event until the day before I leave.

This thing is going to arrive just in time to totally mess up travel home on Thursday (drive to Boston-Logan, fly to Atlanta).  All the inconvenience and none of the fun. 

*sulkily jealous*

Just now, SharonA said:

FOOEY!  

Wx gods hate me!  I fly here in early December, and MBY in Georgia gets 8" of snow.  Fly back to the NE, and it's just dibbles and sleet and cold ... of COURSE they won't send a decent snow event until the day before I leave.

This thing is going to arrive just in time to totally mess up travel home on Thursday (drive to Boston-Logan, fly to Atlanta).  All the inconvenience and none of the fun. 

*sulkily jealous*

Mid day wednesday on is going to get quite dicey for travel.

Archived