Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super Bowl Sunday Slippery Suprise Storm Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dunkman said:

For sure. I don't think it made it to warning criteria but I definitely have more than the T I've seen reported so far. At least a tenth, probably more up high in the pines. 

Nothing but rain down on the Guilford-Randolph line.  .99" most between 12 and 2 pm.

Gsp did super with this tricky event. 3km nam and cmc did the best for my location. Had a good 3hrs of antics at the onset then the heavier rains brought down the heat. 

Got 1.88" in the gauge..that impressed me! One of these daus the temps and moisture will come together up here like 88..hopefully im still alive to see it.

20 hours ago, calculus1 said:

Well, to my surprise, the bigger aspect of this storm for my area was the heavy rain. I got exactly 2.00" in 5.5 hrs! Got as low as 32.0, but it rained so hard that nothing really had time to freeze, it was just runoff and the very marginal temps didn't help. VERY VERY light patchy glaze on trees but the heavy nature of the rain really screwed any chance of ice accureal in this area (NW Forsyth Co. GA).

Just a pleasant sheen on the trees and bushes around here. A drive around the area showed some select places with greater ice accretion on trees, but not to the point of damage. With 0.9" liquid overall, a few degrees colder and I would have been sitting here in the dark by now.

Archived