Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super Bowl Sunday Slippery Suprise Storm Obs

mackerel_sky

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

They should crash as soon as sun goes down, and basically stop and warm a few degrees when clouds come back. But later precip, better chance of problems, IMO 

Temps ALWAYS rise between 3-6 degrees when the clouds come in. So you need to get to mid 20s at least if you want a chance to get anything significant. I don't see that happening.

39 minutes ago, CummingGaSnow said:

What is your elevation? I seem to remember you almost always do well (lots of ice) in marginal CAD setups, such as this one.

About 1750’. Apparently mby is in prime cad storm areas for the most part lol (maybe that’s why I enjoy them so much haha)

2 hours ago, NEGa said:

About 1750’. Apparently mby is in prime cad storm areas for the most part lol (maybe that’s why I enjoy them so much haha)

Yeah cause I always remember you posting pics of tons of ice when everyone else gets not much. Guess your area is prime, and that elevation certainly helps. I think it'll start as sleet here, but I doubt it gets to 32 here. Your area will undoubtedly get a good bit of ice, hell maybe more than a quarter inch.

5 minutes ago, No snow for you said:

Did you fill the generator?

Going to Spinx tonight - honestly, I don't think this will be a *significant* event - however, this winter has been unusual - after the forecast debacle in December (the drive home from work that day was nice and slipperly - thanks CJ!), it's always best to plan for the unexpected

5 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

I think there's a decent chance you're correct. Down to 32.6/11 now. Dropping about one degree per hour now.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

I hate cold showers. Hopefully it won't be THAT kinda storm up there, but those numbers scream bigtime ice. Meanwhile, down here in the meant-to-be rainy GA, 39.9/18 with a stiff NE wind.

Archived