Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2018 Obs

Isopycnic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Powerball said:

So far, ATL has tied the record high of 78*F today.

Now let's see if it can finally get the elusive 80*F.

80 might but 81 to get the all timer probably won’t. It stayed 78 this hour.  I’ve noticed most places the last week the highs have generally occurred between 2-3.  The one exception being days where significant clouds broke late and highs were reached around 4. 

46 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

80 might but 81 to get the all timer probably won’t. It stayed 78 this hour.  I’ve noticed most places the last week the highs have generally occurred between 2-3.  The one exception being days where significant clouds broke late and highs were reached around 4. 

A broken CU field has developed over ATL, so even 80*F may not happen.

That said, we did make it to 80*F here again in Newnan (for the 3rd consecutive day).

4 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

And that should wrap it I think.  May struggle to hit 72 for awhile now to be honest 

Could sneak a 70*F in there tomorrow if the front slows down a bit.

But yeah, it's back into the 60s from here on out. It's kind of funny being disappointed about it though, because that's still above average. 

We are supposed to hit 83 tomorrow and that could be a problem as the temp in my house is currently at 73. If it hits 76 the A/C will have to come on. I am hoping it doesn't get as warm as I would hate for that to happen so early in the year. 60's for the this week followed by the 50's for the following week will be a nice respite from the early season heat. Looking forward to it.

32 minutes ago, yotaman said:

We are supposed to hit 83 tomorrow and that could be a problem as the temp in my house is currently at 73. If it hits 76 the A/C will have to come on. I am hoping it doesn't get as warm as I would hate for that to happen so early in the year. 60's for the this week followed by the 50's for the following week will be a nice respite from the early season heat. Looking forward to it.

Psshsht my AC has been on for DAYS......screw it I cant have it above 75-76 in the house and opening windows doesnt seem to do diddly when there is a warm breeze like today....I got my grass mowed :facepalm: today......and 2 bags of insect killer spread out since I have already got 4-5 active fire ant mounds going.....missed the bus on the weed prevent and they were sold out at Lowes today, probably to late as I already had 8" tall Hen Bit that I had to mow the patches of twice to get it all cut. Bradford Pears fully flowered out as are many other trees and my lilies are coming up right in time to die in early March. 

Looking at current radar, I don't see this afternoon's 100% chance,  1/10" to 1/4" rain happening. Last evening, RAH AFD was talking about possible street flooding and rising creeks. We haven't had enough drizzle for that yet. ;)

*Note to self... don't trust an empty radar*. Had a quick shower pop up with the frontal passage.

Gotta report the bad records too...Second straight record warm February in Atlanta - KATL averaged 57.3° (+9.9°) eclipsing 2017 by more than a degree.  My yard averaged 55.4° (+8.2° vs KPDK) but I hit 81° twice (22nd and 24th).  Oddly KATL only topped out at 79° even though it's 30 miles south of me and did not hit their monthly record of 80°.

.35" last night when the front came thru. Currently very windy and 58/33. Highest wind gust at our local airport, about 5 miles away as the crow flies, 49 mph. Lots of small branches down in the heavier wooded sections of the road that I walked my dogs down this morning.

Archived