Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2018 Obs

Isopycnic

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesse Ferrell‏ @Accu_Jesse 20m20 minutes ago

"Cold air damming" is keeping the temperatures in the Carolina Piedmont, while the mountains and coast are in the 60s & 70s!DWa9doPUQAA7JV9.jpg&key=4019e4b79c80f1d0a6b380660780b09b1057328be9523d4cdba95d2e5bb1c489

"Keeping the temperatures in the Carolina Piedmont?" I'm pretty sure we have temperatures in the Carolina Piedmont whether there is cold air damming or not.

I think he was so excited with that post that he didn't finish his thought.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Going into today GSP was +4.8 for the month and today was +16. Barely supposed to get below 60 from now till Sunday night. I don't see any way GSP doesn't break last year's record for warmest Feb on record of +8.2. I walked out of the store this evening at 7:00 and it was still about 70 and muggy. It truly almost felt like a summer evening. I HATE THIS WITH A PASSION. ITS FEBRUARY FOR PETE'S SAKE! 

Geez, even worse for CAE. Started today at +9.1 and today was + 22 with 82/61. Each day is forecast to be 80+ through Sunday and never getting below 60. That's insane even for CAE. Even if this was April a whole week of this would be a little nuts but FEBRUARY? :huh:

February in Hollywood, FL has been warmer than average.  My location is between the more east Ft. Lauderdale Airport and the more west North Perry Airport (in Pembroke Pines), receiving less sea breeze and warmer conditions than the latter. 

February has been warmer than average in South Florida.  Naples has broken or tied their Record High Maximums 8 times.  Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami have broken or tied their Record high minimums 4 times.   

My location has climbed to 87.8 according to my outside thermometer and our record high minimum looks to have been around 76/77.  Across the spectrum of temperature measurement (primarily the Ft. Lauderdale area), we have not had a single below average max, minimum and/or daily (24 hour) mean in my location. 

For the remainder of the month, I expect my location (Ft. Lauderdale), to break or tie its record high minimum 2 or more times before the month is over.  Excluding today given that the record minimum is 76 and we’ve dropped to 75, the days between 2/22-28 could be broken. 

The period includes Record high minimums that are as follows: 1 Day of 73 that is likely to fall; 3 days of 74; 3 days of 75; and 1 day at 76.   Today and yesterday featured Minimum high temperatures of 75.   There's a small possibility that we end the month with 9 days of record high minimums broken or tied, which would account for 1/3 of the month.

http://www.weather.gov/media/mfl/climate/Daily_Records_Fort_Lauderdale.pdf

Archived