• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2nd Rain/Snow Event

NorthArlington101

can we blame [mention=9980]NorthArlington101[/mention] for starting the thread? :lol:

As long as I can take the credit when you celebrate your sloppy half inch in the morning.

Tbh though just seeing snow is always a win for me. Might have to wake myself up again, though when I did it Wednesday it was very disappointing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as I can take the credit when you celebrate your sloppy half inch in the morning.

Tbh though just seeing snow is always a win for me. Might have to wake myself up again, though when I did it Wednesday it was very disappointing.

Hahaha yes of course. Just giving you a hard time

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

The latest meso models show most of the precip outrunning the cold until it gets to the lower third of the Delmarva, oddly enough. Or not. Lower DE is the new snow capitol of our region lol.

Yea I don't hold out much hope. I'm right near the highest point of parrs ridge and usually the coldest spot east of the catoctins and I'm still a couple degrees from snow and the precip is truckin out of here. If I'm fighting to get scraps at the tail end that's usually a bad sign for anyone in the area. But hey surprises happen. 

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Yea I don't hold out much hope. I'm right near the highest point of parrs ridge and usually the coldest spot east of the catoctins and I'm still a couple degrees from snow and the precip is truckin out of here. If I'm fighting to get scraps at the tail end that's usually a bad sign for anyone in the area. But hey surprises happen. 

There is still some to come...  If you look at the wider scope radar the precip is all the way back to the OH/PA boarder

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=39.29999924&lon=-76.62000275&zoom=8&pin=&rad=1&rad.type=00Q&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

2 minutes ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Got a feeling I'm going to be reading "Moderate wet snow for the last hour or so, sloppy inch or two on the ground now" from you in the near future. 

Maybe (and please don't take this the wrong way) but getting a sloppy inch up here is so common that's it's kind of ehh and not a great indicator for anyone else.  Don't get me wrong I appreciate every flake and its why I moved to here but it's not that noteworthy. Now if I start reporting 3-4" that's when maybe it bodes well for lower/souther locations. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived