• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

Super Bowl Slop Storm

I don't see flakes anymore on the Hill, so must be sprinkling. I'm right in the section of that Radarscope image where it can't tell whether it's green or blue.

Half sleet/pingers and half rain now.  Not enough pixie dust to even give the ground a tinge of white.  God this is brutal.  Anything for some cold from the hinterlands of the North to preserve the CAD for at least long enough to make it exciting...   Guess that is too much to ask for this year.   Edit - 33/25 - the evaporative cooling is just keeping pace with the southerly flow of warm air.

Hope to see some updates from Carroll county later...have to live through you guys today. In Philly where it's gonna be all rain. Congrats to those that get snow today. I feel really good for the NW VA crew they have suffered a long time and finally get something to show for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Nice to see Das! I'm down the road between Laytonsville and Boyds. Was 31 when I left the house this morning. Had lows about the same as you did previous few nights. Was thinking we'd get a coating before any flip. Just a raw day ahead for our neck of the woods. 

Looking at CC on radar, I would not be surprised to get over a half inch of snow/sleet before the flip to liquid. 

• Like 1

31 and light snow in Towson.  A dusting on everything, including side roads.  Good call by Baltimore County to not have school today.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, das said:

Looking at CC on radar, I would not be surprised to get over a half inch of snow/sleet before the flip to liquid. 

Agreed. I'll take any frozen possible. If only there was a nice high to the north. This could've been a really nice storm. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

Keep an eye on your precip types!

...and, don’t forget to submit your mPING reports. Your citizen-science inputs do really help with numerical weather processing development. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Light coating on the sidewalk and on the flower beds. But temp is now 35 degrees still light snow falling with the emphasis being on light

I went over to Rain.  Sending it your way sorry.  Truck is pulling into your driveway now.  You’ll have to sign for it. The ZR truck won’t make it.  

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Hope to see some updates from Carroll county later...have to live through you guys today. In Philly where it's gonna be all rain. Congrats to those that get snow today. I feel really good for the NW VA crew they have suffered a long time and finally get something to show for it. 

Close to  1 inch with moderate snow here.

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow that was quick -- flipped to sleet already.

Yup. IP mixing in in Clarksburg as well. 

Edited to add:  it’s been snowing for an hour and 20 minutes and the DP has risen from 15F to 25F and the temp has not budged an inch from 32F.  Don’t see that often. 

• Like 1