Newest Member
    joxey
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Latent heat perhaps.  Don’t think the roads will freeze.

I’m a bit lost as to what’s going on.

Rain and slightly smaller icecicles on the trees points to melting.

32 degrees points to freezing.

Its night time and we never hit our high so there’s that too. Been at 32 all day.

I’m under blues on RadarScope.

Looks like we still have a LOT of rain coming our way too.

47 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

I’m a bit lost as to what’s going on.

Rain and slightly smaller icecicles on the trees points to melting.

32 degrees points to freezing.

Its night time and we never hit our high so there’s that too. Been at 32 all day.

I’m under blues on RadarScope.

Looks like we still have a LOT of rain coming our way too.

Some of those are no longer true.  But the first one applies to most of us.  

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Latest hrrr has a temps near 20 with gusts over 30 mph by 12z up here. ..pretty nasty stuff.  Definitely some icy spots in the moanin.

I just went out and scraped up what I could off the sidewalk and made a narrow path down the length of my driveway then threw down salt in the places I scraped.  Hope that will put a good dent in it overnight.   Temp right now is around 33, 34.

I took another eastern W VA storm chase tonight.

Low clouds all the way, then after I dropped down the Rt 9 exit off of Rt 7, noticed an inch of snow/sleet on the ground and ice on trees everywhere! This place is a winter wonderland! CONGRATULATIONS! Roads are wet but in great shape up here.

You should get to do this all over again in a few days, but with more snow this time. I will gladly take lots of rain so that the western crew can enjoy snow. It will take lots of work, but we WILL get the NW and W Crews to about 140 percent of normal climo. At the same time, we will conquer the Dale City Drought with lots of Gulf-derived rain.

You got to watch that ridge that Rt 9 tops just before dropping off into Wild, Wonderful West Virginia! DENSE CLOUD LAYER!  Had to really slow down!

1 hour ago, Jebman said:

I took another eastern W VA storm chase tonight.

Low clouds all the way, then after I dropped down the Rt 9 exit off of Rt 7, noticed an inch of snow/sleet on the ground and ice on trees everywhere! This place is a winter wonderland! CONGRATULATIONS! Roads are wet but in great shape up here.

You should get to do this all over again in a few days, but with more snow this time. I will gladly take lots of rain so that the western crew can enjoy snow. It will take lots of work, but we WILL get the NW and W Crews to about 140 percent of normal climo. At the same time, we will conquer the Dale City Drought with lots of Gulf-derived rain.

You got to watch that ridge that Rt 9 tops just before dropping off into Wild, Wonderful West Virginia! DENSE CLOUD LAYER!  Had to really slow down!

Yeah. This was a good event for us. Local roads not in great shape though.  Careful!

1 hour ago, Clueless said:

Yeah. This was a good event for us. Local roads not in great shape though.  Careful!

I am trying to leave now. I can't get out, TOO MUCH FOG, both at the ground and in the mts lmao!

I really hope that COLD FRONT gets here soon and sweeps out the fog layer. This is one time I do NOT want a freak snowstorm lmao!

Wouldn't that be the thing, if the fog refused to lift, and it started to SNOW LOL!

Yeah, I'd panic.

So, I haven't been out, but anyone have any observations to show that HoCo closed for weather and not super bowl hangovers?

Seriously though,  Is it worse in western hoco or what?  I'd be happier about the day off if it wasnt coming out of spring break.

14 minutes ago, Nalanthi said:

So, I haven't been out, but anyone have any observations to show that HoCo closed for weather and not super bowl hangovers?

Seriously though,  Is it worse in western hoco or what?  I'd be happier about the day off if it wasnt coming out of spring break.

I'm in southern Howard County, and any untreated road or path is still super icy.       

Archived