SnowHabit
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I wonder how sundown will impact temps.

I think they will rise then fall.  Just my opinion.  Weenie radar shows precip to the west turning blue.  Everyone west of 95 looks pink...but looks are deceiving I suppose.  Still 32.2

7 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I think they will rise then fall.  Just my opinion.  Weenie radar shows precip to the west turning blue.  Everyone west of 95 looks pink...but looks are deceiving I suppose.  Still 32.2

We've got ice on the trees in our area (Sparrows Point/North Point State Park)  32 degrees

IMG_20180204_154010.jpg

Was at Whitetail today, all snow until I left just after 2. Probably had a couple of inches but had turned to to big wet flakes and was up to 30 when I left. Many accidents on I-70 in that area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Seeing some spotty  50dbz returns out west. What precip type is that?

did an odd thing here, went up to 33 at 305 but now back down to 32 with same precip rate 

That would be large snowflakes melting and being coated by water.  The radar "sees" them as huge raindrops and reflectivity is highly proportionate to drop size.

I'm sure many will disagree but the euro did really well with this storm. The heavy rain right now from the southern vort was modeled well days ago on the euro when the gfs swept everything  north with the northern stream dominant solution. The euro and gfs met in the middle but the euro did very well regardess. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I'm sure many will disagree but the euro did really well with this storm. The heavy rain right now from the southern vort was modeled well days ago on the euro when the gfs swept everything  north with the northern stream dominant solution. The euro and gfs met in the middle but the euro did very well regardess. 

This irony of that is so great!

12 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

My yard is very borderline.  A lot of the trees and grasses have ice on them, but other places that typically get icicles (fence/lights/cars) are just wet.  The rain is going to get harder over the next few hours, which isn't always great for icing.

Much the same here in Burke.

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Euro and NAM did well.  It's the old E/E rule!

Archived