Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

Nice to see Das! I'm down the road between Laytonsville and Boyds. Was 31 when I left the house this morning. Had lows about the same as you did previous few nights. Was thinking we'd get a coating before any flip. Just a raw day ahead for our neck of the woods. 

Looking at CC on radar, I would not be surprised to get over a half inch of snow/sleet before the flip to liquid. 

22 minutes ago, Wonderdog said:

Light coating on the sidewalk and on the flower beds. But temp is now 35 degrees still light snow falling with the emphasis being on light

I went over to Rain.  Sending it your way sorry.  Truck is pulling into your driveway now.  You’ll have to sign for it. The ZR truck won’t make it.  

4 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Wow that was quick -- flipped to sleet already.

Yup. IP mixing in in Clarksburg as well. 

Edited to add:  it’s been snowing for an hour and 20 minutes and the DP has risen from 15F to 25F and the temp has not budged an inch from 32F.  Don’t see that often. 

Just now, poolz1 said:

28/26 here with mod snow. Roads are slick to say the least. Just pulled 2 people up a back road on S Mtn. that were stuck on a steep incline.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That area is rough when there's ice and snow. Drove through that way many a time when I commuted from Hagerstown. Rigs struggled hard at times. Always saw them pull off at the rest stop near top of mountain on I-70

Archived