Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Super Bowl Slop Storm

Ji

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already 32 degrees with a fresh south wind. Plenty of warm air advection.

Well --- I BEGGED  for the rain/snow Line. I'm gonna get it.

I'll get the RAIN/snow line lmao.

No need at all to concern or stress over any ice accretion in eastern Prince William County as air temps will be above freezing by 10am when the rain begins. Some of this non freezing rain will be moderate at times, excellent drought relief. MUCH MUCH farther west, will be a completely different story, Freezing precip a near certainty along with several hours of snow in those communities.

5 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

It is ripping absolute fatties down here. Around 1'' in the last 40 min. Temp went from 35 to 30 rapidly.

Congratulations!  Best Ob I've read in a long time.  Keep em coming.  Hope you can cash in.  Hope someone cashes in, anywhere.  We're at 32/19, so hopefully we'll cool down as well and at least get a tease before it flips to rain. 

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Salem enjoys 1000 foot elev. The timing helped too. Congrats on the snow, hope you maximize on it.

Thanks man. Hoping you get yours soon as well before the winter is out. I have been in a serious snow drought this year along with the rest of us. Nice to finally see it this year. I think before today I had 3.5'' for the year. Depressing.

First flakes 31 degrees.

I think my call for my area from yesterday is still good an inch or two. Followed by some drizzle then dryslot. It's just how it goes out here with these events.

Bu the way. So far it seems like the RGEM/GGEM performed the best of the models with this event. At least as far as how the temps will end up verifying. The GFS was excellent with the setup though.

Archived