Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, yoda said:

@Bob Chill @Chris78

I like tonight's game so far... Hope we can keep the lead where it is and get some rest late for the regulars for tomorrow night's big game at home

I didn't realize they were playing tonight. Was watching the caps hang on. 

Man the warriors on the second night of a back to back is brutal. 

I actually have off on Thursday and Friday and really want to go chase the snow out in the mountains. Conditions out there Thursday night are going to be pretty intense. Winds into the 40's and 50's with rain changing to heavy snow between 9pm-12am and going to town. Looks like 1-3" easy with upwards of 5" down in WV over a short period of time with the strong winds. If anyone would care to join me, let me know. I'm just coming off of overnights too, so staying up will be pretty easy for me. 

12 hours ago, yoda said:

And the 3rd quarter collapse... come on

It wasn't an if the bucks would make a game of it...it was a when... Bucks are a playoff team playing at home. The way the wiz held off all runs in the 4th was pretty awesome. Beal made a few "in your face" shots at key times. Great win last night. Tonight probably won't go nearly as well. lol. 

This record Block has brought really MILD weather to my backyard. Grass is growing like a weed. Lilacs and daffodils are up 8 inches.

I have got this whole thing figured out. This Block is not going to bring us a ton of precip. Take tomorrow, only light sporadic rain, a sixteenth of an inch of rain?

This Block is going to destroy us with PROLONGED HIGH WINDS. By Saturday morning, 95 percent of Maryland and Virginia are going to be out of power. Total blackouts everywhere from millions of fallen trees. Entire neighborhoods will be written off because thousands of homes will be bisected by huge trees that were felled by 65 mph gusts, because of a gigantic storm off the New Jersey coast that would not move for 2 days because of a damn Block. That Block, that we have been worshiping, is going to be our downfall. That storm will not be able to move an INCH! It will intensify and intensify and intensify, and it will refuse to move, all because of that record anomalous Block that we all love so much!

The ground is already 100 percent saturated. 35 mph gusts can fell trees in that kind of soil environment. 60 mph gusts will be a region-wide catastrophe!

THAT'S what this Block is going to give us. DESTRUCTIVE WINDS.

This is one time when I am not going overboard. This is an extremely dangerous situation. This coastal storm will be very very strong and extremely slow to move, we got a Block blocking it from moving. It is going to produce sustained  strong winds with damaging gusts over a rather large area for possibly 24 hours. Its a damn shame we cant get even a coating of snow from it, for all of the trouble it will cause us.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived