Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 87storms said:

@yoda@Bob Chill

the wiz have definitely been playing well.  re wall...he's a great player.  i think the success without him has more to do with him being injured earlier and also porter/morris/mahinmi all getting healthier around the same time that he went out.  sato looks like a good player, but i do think some of it is a bit overhyped.  without beal, the wiz might have lost several of these games, so it really helps having another elite player in the lineup like wall.  it is an awkward situation, though.  no one expected sato to step in like this.  his length causes mayhem on the perimeter.  he's not a particularly great ball handler or even scorer, but with beal/otto/morris and the fact that he's a legit 6'7, it's more than enough.  if he continues to play well, this offseason might get interesting.  wall is on a supermax contract, so you gotta wonder if with sato balling out, would that money be better spent on a big man.  i'm hesitant because i like wall and elite point guards are hard to find.  for now, it's just nice to know the wiz now have a legit backup pg (and SG too).

It's a weird year but in a good way. Sato appears to be playing above his ability but maybe it's because his style just works well with Brooks' schemes. He knows when to take the shot and when to dish the assist. It looks fluid and natural. My guess is if Sato played for a different team he wouldn't be playing so well. Then dudes like Scott go into God mode when shooting off the bench. When that guy is hot he doesn't even hit the rim. And Oubre getting lots of minutes is really showing what he's capable of (man I hope they can sign him to a legit deal next year but I doubt it...). 

Beal's shooting ability and unusual rhythm when driving the lane really puts teams on their heels defending him. Teams come out with a plan to shut down Beal and they still can't do it. He's a much better shooter than Wall and overall a more valuable player but I'm not minimizing what Wall brings when he's on the floor. Wall's only soft spot is perimeter shooting but even that has improved this year. I'm starting to think this team has a legit chance at a run to the finals. My guess is a loss in the conf finals is most likely but we can compete with anyone in the east. OTOH- I don't see how any team in the east is going to beat GS or the Rockets in a series. Only way is if a starter gets hurt imho and that's not something I'll ever root for. lol

Y'all keep forgetting I enjoy tracking the weather but I don't track winter weather exclusively. Over the years I realized how much is at stake and it makes me feel better about taking pleasure in this hobby. Without activism and a robust disclaimer it feels like a low-blow. Nowadays the weather patterns are hopelessly dictated via the byproducts of civilization.

3 hours ago, WVclimo said:

Congrats Zen, Interstate, Jandurin and Chris on the weight loss/ improved fitness.  After generally running 185-195 throughout my 30's and 40's things started to slip as I approached my mid-50's.  Weight gain was gradual, but when I visited my doctor for a well-check the day after Christmas, I was shocked to see 215 lbs. on the scale.   By cutting back on carbs, evening and nighttime snacking and taking care to not over-eat, I have managed to drop 20 lbs. since.   I am always active with hiking and biking anyway, but those things are coming much easier now at 195. 

Awesome congrats!

Sometimes it takes a wake up call to make the needed changes.

My wake up call was going to urgent care thinking I had an ear infection because the side of my face hurt so bad  only to realize my pain was from my blood pressure being 195 over 145. While still being under 40 ( barely) lol , with 2 young kids and wife , I knew if I didn't make the needed  changes I wasn't going  to see my kids grow up. 

^Yeah I dont worry much about the surface either 10 days out with a favorable h5 look. That being said, it is the 18z GEFS. And it's March. The ens are generally depicting a very favorable look towards March 10 though. One would think something good would come of it. Of course it doesn't always work that way.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I know but sometimes we waste blocks so I will feel better when I see those maps start to light up. It's not that not seeing it spells doom but it would be further confirmation of the potential. 

Given your location, you should probably worry less about surface temps. ;) 

28 minutes ago, yoda said:

Terrible game by the Wizards tonight losing to below .500 Charlotte Hornets... down by 20 late in the 4th... disappointing, plus the game was at home

These are the types of games where they need Wall back. Textbook let down after a big win. Or its just a byproduct of back to backs after a week off. Either way it wasn't the same team on the floor as last night. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

These are the types of games where they need Wall back. Textbook let down after a big win. Or its just a byproduct of back to backs after a week off. Either way it wasn't the same team on the floor as last night. 

I'm reading that Wall won't be back for another 2 to 4 weeks 

Just now, yoda said:

I'm reading that Wall won't be back for another 2 to 4 weeks 

Yea, and he'll come back with minute limits and rusty I'm sure so it will be a process even after his return. If they can win 6 out of the next 10 then they shouldn't lose much if any ground.

It's hard to win the second game of back to backs in the nba no matter who you play. Especially with a star on the bench.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived