Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2018 at 8:02 AM, wkd said:

Just curious. Don't people know what contractions are anymore or is it just laziness? ex. You're vs your.

On 2/1/2018 at 8:42 AM, wkd said:

Thanks. I never noticed your signature. I guess in most cases people just don't want to bother using an extra keystroke. 

On 2/1/2018 at 8:57 AM, mattie g said:

My wife and I are avowed grammar nazis (she's an editor, so it makes sense!), so I'm on a low-key crusade to bring some sort of honor back to the written word. :lol:

Seriously though...I have absolutely no problem with informal writing on forums and the like (I consider it like speaking iinformally/in dialect with your friends/family), but some of these errors (using an apostrophe to pluralize!!!!!) need to be stamped out before they spread!

The post has been fixed. 

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah I agree that the way the pattern looks to evolve towards day 15 has great potential. It is way out there though. Day 8-10 is far enough away, and even though it is NS shortwave getting forced under the block and we wont get a clear idea of what will transpire until much closer in, it is still likely the first real trackable window of interest. Would be nice to score a moderate event during this period, then get hammered a week later. Winter can then end, lol.

After we get a march 60 followed by a march 62 and capped off with a march 58 then...and only then can she die.  Until then she belongs to me 

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

You forgot April.We just need an April 1924 followed by an April 1918. Then it's bring on Spring

Thank YOU! Can't believe people were treating poor April so thoughtlessly....we shouldn't accept spring until May at the earliest...ESPECIALLY if we have PSU driving the bus.

3 hours ago, 87storms said:

Just called perfect pour and they said they’re out of eagle rare too and that it’s a limited supply bourbon so I’ll just have to check back in a couple weeks...in time for the next WSW event.

I work in HoCo, and I know my local store has it in stock, so if you want me to pick you up a bottle let me know. If you work anywhere near Perfect Pour, I could easily meet you.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I work in HoCo, and I know my local store has it in stock, so if you want me to pick you up a bottle let me know. If you work anywhere near Perfect Pour, I could easily meet you.

thanks, yea i work near the columbia mall.  i'll send you a PM if i run out of luck finding it around here.  probably gonna tap into some noah's mill and wizards/cavs tonight in the meantime.

47 minutes ago, 87storms said:

thanks, yea i work near the columbia mall.  i'll send you a PM if i run out of luck finding it around here.  probably gonna tap into some noah's mill and wizards/cavs tonight in the meantime.

The mall is even more convenient for me, though a trip to Perfect Pour is never inconvenient.

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Thinking about banning you for this one.  A bridge too far.

Mea culpa. I actually have no ill will towards the redskins unless their playing the eagles. I've lived in the area a long time plus I have family that are big skins fans and I've gone to many games and it was always a great time win or lose. The skins fans were way nicer to me then eagles fans are to them in philly. 

And I don't think their that bad. Had the misfortune of a killer early schedule. 2 games against the eagles and at KC then injuries ravaged them later. They gave the eagles a game twice when they were blowing most teams out all year. 

But I couldn't resist. Sorry 

49 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

We need to sacrifice a chicken and get Jobu more rum.

Pedro Cerrano:  "Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come."

Pedro Cerrano (after swinging and missing at curve ball):  "I'm pissed off now, Jobu. Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now. I say "**** you Jobu", I do it myself."

:D

On topic...yes, the 18Z is a better look for sure.  I really hope the NAO ridge doesn't push so far south we end up with eastern ridging as you mentioned before.  That would definitely be game over.  Fortunately, looks like an outlier...for right now.

I was actually thinking of that movie as I wrote that scenario. Lol  

2 hours ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

You know it's bad when the main discussion becomes sports.  Come on!

Any threats are a week away. It's off hours. When things get real I'm sure we will tighten up. I'm not against fun as long as it's not stopping legit analysis. But to be fair since it bothers you I'll knock it off. 

I don't want to start a gun control debate I know that's political and I don't have any answers, I doubt a simply hastily slapped together gun ban would solve all our problems....but as a teacher please trust me, for the love of god, you don't want to arm teachers. Forget that when the school police arrive now there are multiple shooters and no one knows what's going on...or that usually your dead before you realize you need to get the gun out and get ready to use it...just think of the fact that all it takes is one....one out of thousands of teachers to snap or be incompetent...and!!!!  Most of us are great...but not 100%. And all it takes is one large emotionally disturbed and violent student to decide to take the gun...  

I don't have all the answers. But I know this isn't it. Please trust me. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived