Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Here's my banter call:

1-3/2-4 between now and March 3rd

Widespread 6-10 MA special by the 8th

1-2'+ east coast mauling Archambault event around the 12-15th as the NAO breaks down

Last 10 days of March flip to warm and we all agree that spring warmth is beautiful

:wub:  Hell, I’d take one of those events, but of course won’t turn down all three.  

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

That breeze is absolutely cranking from the southwest right now. What a beautiful night. And for those on the outside of the board spat/disagreement, don't let it get you down, agitated depressed or annoyed. It will all settle itself down going forward. 

It's strange that you mentioned Pink Floyd. I listened to The Wall for the first time in about 30 years on headphones a few nights ago. Somehow I appreciate it more now.

I have no bone in that annoying spat... more than anything I just want Avant Hiatus/Vice Regent to STFU.

I became a big fan of Pink Floyd just a few years ago and I have a big poster of the Dark Side prism in my room. I listened to the whole album during my trip to see the eclipse and I try to do it at least once a year. Never gets old.

45 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Here's my banter call:

1-2'+ east coast mauling Archambault event around the 12-15th as the NAO breaks down

Last 10 days of March flip to warm and we all agree that spring warmth is beautiful

I'm marking all of these down as coming true in my snow book

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Here's my banter call:

I'm working on some analogs for a post later and march 1960 isn't a bad match. It won't show in ncep because the enso was off but h5 isn't bad. Take a look at the snowfall that month. 

23 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm working on some analogs for a post later and march 1960 isn't a bad match. It won't show in ncep because the enso was off but h5 isn't bad. Take a look at the snowfall that month. 

That was an amazing month, but also bitterly cold. BWI averaged 33 that month which is amazing.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lmao: 

It felt like 160 when I got off the plane today. 

tilt axis or temp?  i prefer 160 temp. but that may be to warm for some. 

‘but if the tilt and axis is off by 160 degrees and the sun angle is wrong, and it’s cloudy it could be -50. and that would suck. 

On 2/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, Cobalt said:

I've got one myself, and it's decent, but it lags behind with wild temperature swings. Put it in recommended location, and after months it's still not calibrated. Respond to this in banter if you want to continue this conversation

Does it connect to the closest weather station?

1 hour ago, H2O said:

We have a "whats your fave <2" snow event?"

I think we need to make a "whats your fave 80F+ in Feb day?"

I think there needs to be a get together where everyone sings around a campfire and are friends again. too much hostility. 

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think there needs to be a get together where everyone sings around a campfire and are friends again. too much hostility. 

Where we sing kids songs like Wheels on the Bus.

Wait, that might cause more fighting.  nevermind.

But I'm down with a memorial type gtg to pour one out for this miserable winter and then break bread with everyone so we can all get along and be friends.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived