Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

George BM

12 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

This is the 4th time now you have accused me of something. On the last page I quoted the entire post I made to you from February 12 that you keep using as the basis of your accusations. I've asked you to cite exactly what I said that you thought is so bad. Not some vague paraphrased nonsense I mean the exact words. I took the time to find and repost it. You can at least explain yourself if your going to repeatedly levy BS accusations at me. 

I never said sh!t about your trees or flowers or liking warm weather. Nor did I ever make fun of you for those things. I made fun of you today for acting like a baby every time anyone dares disagree with you. 

I never had a problem with you until you invented one and brought my name up several times with false accusations. So now I've done the work of pulling up the entire post so it's time for you to point out what I said that was so wrong and validate your accusations against me or STFU and get my name out of your mouth. 

Oh, are we doing this publically? Because you have made it so if I respond, you get to call me names, and if I don't respond, you get to call me names. Ok. I had ONE post in that thread - a post that was responded to by a mod and another met, and that is the one you took issue with. I responded and pointed out why I had an issue with you calling it out, and then Cape piled on, as happens with you two. I could go through and point out a ton of posts in that thread that were clearly banter, but they don't bother me (or apparently bother you, but mine did). But somehow, mine was the one you pulled. And then I explained in here why it caused me to react like it did, and you blow by all of that to call me more names. I had done what Bob and you and others asked (even when a LOT of people have not) and even though my posting in the discussion threads was never voluminous, cut it back even more. Nine posts in the last two discussion threads, from me. Nine. But, still, that wasn't good enough for you. Apparently keeping me from posting in there at all is your aim? Got me.  Apparently one was too much in the last thread.

So why don't you STFU and stop acting like a baby yourself when someone mentions why what you did was ****ty. Maybe apologize. Or what the **** ever.

Here's a thought, which I have made a few times and I have seen others make. Why don't you let the mods mod, instead of crying about posts that you don't think should be there?

By the way, you didn't disagree with me. You told me to stop posting where you don't approve. Even though I had pretty much completely done that. But that wasn't enough for you. So, okay.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Oh, are we doing this publically? Because you have made it so if I respond, you get to call me names, and if I don't respond, you get to call me names. Ok. I had ONE post in that thread - a post that was responded to by a mod and another met, and that is the one you took issue with. I responded and pointed out why I had an issue with you calling it out, and then Cape piled on, as happens with you two. I could go through and point out a ton of posts in that thread that were clearly banter, but they don't bother me (or apparently bother you, but mine did). But somehow, mine was the one you pulled. And then I explained in here why it caused me to react like it did, and you blow by all of that to call me more names. I had done what Bob and you and others asked (even when a LOT of people have not) and even though my posting in the discussion threads was never voluminous, cut it back even more. Nine posts in the last two discussion threads, from me. Nine. But, still, that wasn't good enough for you. Apparently keeping me from posting in there at all is your aim? Got me.  Apparently one was too much in the last thread.

So why don't you STFU and stop acting like a baby yourself when someone mentions why what you did was ****ty. Maybe apologize. Or what the **** ever.

Here's a thought, which I have made a few times and I have seen others make. Why don't you let the mods mod, instead of crying about posts that you don't think should be there?

By the way, you didn't disagree with me. You told me to stop posting where you don't approve. Even though I had pretty much completely done that. But that wasn't enough for you. So, okay.

I asked you to cite evidence I did the things you accuse me of and all you just did was repeat the BS you said earlier. I took the time to repost the entire post that got you upset and all you do is keep making generalizations not citing specific things I said. 

I started my post with this

"Just throwing a contrarian idea in so don't think I'm being hostile. Just discussing"

I very respectfully gave a contrarian view to yours and that's my right.  You gave your opinion  and I gave mine.  That's it.  

How the hell do you turn my post where I wasted a whole sentence telling you I wasn't attacking you just because I know what a sensitive baby you can be into an attack.  

I posted a reply to something you said to Cape asking "why can't people complain about the weather" in the long range thread.  I didn't ever reply to your posts about your trees and honestly I never even read those posts and had no idea what the subject of your fight with Cape was about

I have nothing to do with cape. I don't think he did anything wrong either but stop lumping me in with stuff he said. This wasn't some tag team effort. I made one post. Just one to you and you unleashed on me with crap I didn't even say. 

We are doing it publicly because you accused me publicly and the discussion is public and I have no issue with it being public because I didn't do any of the things you invented in your imagination. 

You accused me of trying to mod you...you accused me of making fun of you...you accused me of trying to run you from the thread. There is no evidence I did any of that. 

All I did was offer my opinion of where complaints about weather should go and backed it up with detailed reasons to justify. I have the right to disagree with you.  And I did it with the utmost respect yet you came back at me like I spit in your face. 

I never implied you couldn't post or that i had or wanted mod powers.  I simply gave my opinion. You are being a baby. And worse your making stuff up.  

I am posting the entire thing from February 12 again below so everyone can see what I say is true. I have nothing to hide. If you have legit arguments then I suggest you start citing quotes from me that were wrong instead of repeating your made up nonsense. You can disagree with me all you want but your questioning my integrity and I will defend myself.

On February 12th you said

On 2/12/2018 at 8:50 AM,  North Balti Zen said: 

"Just because it isn't a certainty, people don't get to mention that the winter may be over? For a lot of us, it is. A storm in March would be nice, depending on when it is, but if it murders my flowering trees again (like happened last year) after the supposed best part of winter has been ****, I don't want that. And watching February go by without snow (if it goes down like that), this regions prime snow month, is another kick in the teeth.

In any event a three week warmup followed by arctic cold in March? Eff that noise."

Then I replied 

"Just throwing a contrarian idea in so don't think I'm being hostile. Just discussing...but wouldn't that be better in banter?  Legit negatuve analysis is fine. Plenty of us have said the pattern looks bad and why. But pure complaining about how someone doesn't like it seems like banter or panic room stuff to me. Because 90% of us aren't happy and the people who make those kinds of emotional posts seem to outnumber the people making substantive analysis so if that belongs in here wouldn't this thread just come one big b!tch fest about how bad this winter was?

Im pretty unhappy about it too. And I wouldn't mind venting a bit. Create a thread for that or do it in banter and panic and I'll participate but why does it have to be in this thread if some are still trying to simply objectively analyze the pattern?  

Im not upset about anything I'm just unsure why some insist in posting their frustrations in this thread when there are threads specifically created for that?  Everyone can get what they want. They can complain 10 times a day and those that want a thread to analyze without 60 posts a day of complaints can have that too if we all simply post in the correct threads. I just don't understand why that's so hard?"

23 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Alright, I think this conversation is over.  

Sorry I was posting that when you posted. However he has attacked my integrity several times and he refuses to support his accusations with any evidence. I've repeatedly asked him to cite specific things I said and all he does is repeat his made up accusations.

I've even reposted the only thing I said to him 3 times now so it's all out there and he can explain and justify his accusations against me and all he does is reply with the same crap.

I feel I have the right to show he is making stuff up since he seems to want to drag my name into the mud over and over and over again. 

3 hours ago, BristowWx said:

I can believe the feedback from the +NAO left some medium especially with the Hemisphere being so rigid assuming the pattern breaks which it probably wont because of the rigidity which seem suspect considering the awesome massive block being advertised.  But what I am buying is the awesome massive block because I don't think the Hemisphere is that rigid.  There is probably no medium left behind by the +NAO but that is just a guess on my part. 

All this talk has me feeling less rigid. 

Generalizations generally work because the general conduct described generally fits the party that is being described

you can try and hang  your hat on "it's a medium to long range thread and not a winter one" but the medium to long range IS wintertime

so when chirping about shorts, flowers, trees and how nice 70 is I think you can generally anticipate negative responses 

1 minute ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Generalizations generally work because the general conduct described generally fit the party that is being described

you can try and hang  your hat in "it's a medium to long range thread and not a winter one" but the medium to long range IS wintertime

so when chirping about shorts, flowers, trees and how nice 70 is I think you can generally anticipate negative responses 

No one gave him crap for saying he liked warm weather. I think some gave him crap for complaining that he didn't want it to get cold again in the long range thread instead of banter where banter belongs. I chimed in to give my opinion that I thought complaints about what kind of weather we like is better off in banter. I also said I didn't really care either way though but it made more sense to me that way. There was no there there. He is nailing himself to that cross no one else is. 

That’s actually not what I said . I said I hoped for seasonal cold to continue in February so as not to trigger early flowering, especially since a return to cold last year killed the flowers. I opened that based on the latest runs which were showing the wanting we now have. A post Which you had a problem with. And I am trying to do what WxUSAF asked but you keep on going. You won’t address picking out one post from me while ignoring reams of others, on a topic that is kinda personal to me. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

No one gave him crap for saying he liked warm weather. I think some gave him crap for complaining that he didn't want it to get cold again in the long range thread instead of banter where banter belongs. I chimed in to give my opinion that I thought complaints about what kind of weather we like is better off in banter. I also said I didn't really care either way though but it made more sense to me that way. There was no there there. He is nailing himself to that cross no one else is. 

Your response was fine

we can start a trees and flowers thread for those who want to use it

your discussion the other day about how 50 in Feb is different than 50 in April was detailed and excellent. It's also worth mentioning that around D.C. It can snow overnight well into April 

11 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Your response was fine

we can start a trees and flowers thread for those who want to use it

your discussion the other day about how 50 in Feb is different than 50 in April was detailed and excellent. It's also worth mentioning that around D.C. It can snow overnight well into April 

Thanks. Bob originally brought that up too.  wanted to make sure he got credit. 

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Comfortably Numb? Or maybe you decided to take a trip to the Dark Side of the Moon?

The Wall beginning to end then the studio version of shine on you crazy diamond for a finale. It really was epic. Hadn't listened to Floyd in a few years now. The warm sun and breeze along with the music took me places I havent been in a while. 

That breeze is absolutely cranking from the southwest right now. What a beautiful night. And for those on the outside of the board spat/disagreement, don't let it get you down, agitated depressed or annoyed. It will all settle itself down going forward. 

It's strange that you mentioned Pink Floyd. I listened to The Wall for the first time in about 30 years on headphones a few nights ago. Somehow I appreciate it more now.

34 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The Wall beginning to end then the studio version of shine on you crazy diamond for a finale. It really was epic. Hadn't listened to Floyd in a few years now. The warm sun and breeze along with the music took me places I havent been in a while. 

23 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

That breeze is absolutely cranking from the southwest right now. What a beautiful night. And for those on the outside of the board spat/disagreement, don't let it get you down, agitated depressed or annoyed. It will all settle itself down going forward. 

It's strange that you mentioned Pink Floyd. I listened to The Wall for the first time in about 30 years on headphones a few nights ago. Somehow I appreciate it more now.

The Wall with headphones is doing it right.

51 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I sat out on my patio for an hour this afternoon with headphones on listening to Pink Floyd while absorbing the steep sun angle. It was pretty epic. It was like a sitting version of a Jebwalk. 

Good thing you’re practicing your sitting Jebwalk — you’ll need it when we get our 2’ March blockbuster.  

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

I sat out on my patio for an hour this afternoon with headphones on listening to Pink Floyd while absorbing the steep sun angle. It was pretty epic. It was like a sitting version of a Jebwalk. 

If uda had the dead in u coulda called it a “Jerry”atric moment. 

1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

There is a lot of music that I/we appreciate differently than when we were growing up. I do it often. 

20 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Poor things...better warn them of the upcoming -NAO aka Bob Chill-promised snowstorm. 

Here's my banter call:

1-3/2-4 between now and March 3rd

Widespread 6-10 MA special by the 8th

1-2'+ east coast mauling Archambault event around the 12-15th as the NAO breaks down

Last 10 days of March flip to warm and we all agree that spring warmth is beautiful

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived