• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

solid day. woke up to sunshine thinking there would be no chance of snow, but things turned wintry quick in the afternoon. obviously in snowy winters this would be a nuisance event, but the relative snow drought here is pretty real so gotta take what you can get. gonna chill with some woodford reserve and take in some nba all star festivities.  i did ask for the eagle rare at the county spot the other day, but they didn't carry it, so i'll have to check it out another time.  looks like spring next week, but maybe a return to winter the week after?  also, home brewing is legit.  my friend's beer was unexpectedly good lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Thanks for the report on that post folks.  That user is banned.  

Read through many of the sub-forums and still trying to figure out who the offending party is/was.  No intent to stir up scheiBe, just curious given the relative tolerance exercised lately.  Even the banter has been curt or worse at times, as evidenced by the "Public Service Announcement" thread...  Hopefully today's snow-fix and the looming development of a -NAO and strong blocking will resurrect more collegial overtones and lessen the workload on you and all the Mods. 

12 minutes ago, RDM said:

Read through many of the sub-forums and still trying to figure out who the offending party is/was.  No intent to stir up scheiBe, just curious given the relative tolerance exercised lately.  Even the banter has been curt or worse at times, as evidenced by the "Public Service Announcement" thread...  Hopefully today's snow-fix and the looming development of a -NAO and strong blocking will resurrect more collegial overtones and lessen the workload on you and all the Mods. 

That serious snow shellacking is still in the offing for the subforum. THAT will definitely cause people to become much more collegial and friendly and the mods will be completely out of work policing the forum.

5 hours ago, RDM said:

Banter is one thing. A user with two posts linking to some awful image is quite another.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Banter is one thing. A user with two posts linking to some awful image is quite another.

Hats off for doing the needy.  Can only imagine all the "stuff" that goes on behind the scenes by all the Mods that everyone is not aware of.  No doubt it takes a lot of time and energy.  Thanks for everything done to preserve our ability to share in this affliction.

2 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

cool thanks. Knew it was out that way but didn't know exactly where

You can hike to the "peak" and there's a cool little elevation marker and a book to sign. In the description below it says it's a difficult trail, but I don't remember it that way.

http://www.garretttrails.org/hoyes-crest---maryland-high-point-trail.html

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You can hike to the "peak" and there's a cool little elevation marker and a book to sign. In the description below it says it's a difficult trail, but I don't remember it that way.

Thanks for linking that!  Adding this to my hiking list in the summer.  

10 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

awesome. Looks like a great place to see.  Do you guys know any good elevation maps for MD. I want to see the different elevation numbers around the state

6 minutes ago, Lowershoresadness said:

awesome. Looks like a great place to see.  Do you guys know any good elevation maps for MD. I want to see the different elevation numbers around the state

Let me look around because I remember having a way to download the usgs survey maps and they are ridiculously detailed. In the meantime, this is a pretty cool site. They have some cool maps.

http://imap.maryland.gov/Pages/lidar-topography-viewer.aspx

And here's a link to MGS site. Depending on your patience, you can find a ton of PDF maps here.

http://www.mgs.md.gov/publications/maps.html

the cold definitely affects my winter mood.  i much prefer 50s in between snowstorms then prolonged 30s/40s and clouds.  i think the sun angle plays a part, but my mood definitely increases when it's warmer out, which is why i don't like snowless winters.  gotta have some storms mixed in to make it fun, otherwise, winter is just 3 months of limited sunshine and cold.  

11 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

11 hours ago, nj2va said:

Thanks for linking that!  Adding this to my hiking list in the summer.  

Ditto, I'll be sure to hit it this spring/summer myself.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived