Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

@psuhoffmanTried to message you. Taking my laptop with me on the trip but will probably have little time to use it. So I will pretty much be out of the loop for the next few days. Was wondering if I could hit you up for some updates periodically on the snow today and the long range as well. TIA.

Sure I'll clear my inbox. It might be full. Have fun. 

1 hour ago, Mdecoy said:

Funny, but a bit unfair, I was analyzing that specific run. More of a testament to how lousy the models are in the LR. I also wouldn't celebrate until this stuff verifies. I think for DC, south and east today's storm will still be a whole lot of nothing. The March madness stuff is still pretty far from a reality. 

We have threats. You were poo pooing the whole period. But one thing I'll never understand. Why do people that love snow as much as many here do choose to live places that rarely get it. I'm crazy too. It effects me. So I moved somewhere that gets more so I'm not miserable all the time. Living here I can be more positive because it works out more.  Even in a bad year the prospect of my next snow isn't far away. Still not enough all the time but better. 

But I've lived on the coastal plain southeast of 95 and it was awful. I would probably be as much of a mess as you are. But I didn't want to be unhappy all the time so I moved. I mean it. People move to the beach. The mountains. Florida for the warmth. Why is moving for snow crazy if that's what makes you happy. Loving somewhere that often goes years without a legit snow event and getting bent out of shape every year seems even more crazy. 

6 minutes ago, GATECH said:

Gonna chase this afternoon, thought about hitting some Loudoun Breweries.  Any recommendations from any western folks (for good beer or snow spots)

Strictly in Loudoun, I’d go in this order:

1) Ocelot

2) Crooked Run

3) Solace

Too bad aslin doesn’t have its taproom up and running yet - I’d definitely suggest them if they did. Lots of good options out that way though. You can’t really go wrong.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived