Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

How do you know I am not a horrible drunk? I could be one of those people that starts a bar room brawl? I'm not though, I am the kind that wears that ugly lamp shade and thinks he's as funny as all get out. :lol:

The best kind of drunk!

45 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

@C.A.P.E.

Oh, man.  I just remembered that it's Belgian Beer Fest weekend at Max's in Fell's Point today through Sunday.  That starts at 11AM each day.  I may have to go there for lunch today.

Damn. After last night, today will have to be a very light drinking day, lol. I am heading out of the city in another hour or so. Going to go visit my sister, look at the 12z runs, and figure out where i am going next.

9 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Brewing our oyster stout this weekend. There's been nothing on tap here for over a month!

I’m jealous. I haven’t brewed in months! With the baby and five-year-old, there’s not much free time right now, but my mother-in-law is coming to stay with us for a couple weeks at the end of the month, so I’m hoping to brew up a Sunshine Superman NE IPA while she’s here.

I still have a brown ale on tap, but I kicked my previous NE IPA a few weeks ago. I have three taps, but until I can brew regularly, I’ll probably have only one or two going at once. In time...in time. :lol:

3 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I’m jealous. I haven’t brewed in months! With the baby and five-year-old, there’s not much free time right now, but my mother-in-law is coming to stay with us for a couple weeks at the end of the month, so I’m hoping to brew up a Sunshine Superman NE IPA while she’s here.

I still have a brown ale on tap, but I kicked my previous NE IPA a few weeks ago. I have three taps, but until I can brew regularly, I’ll probably have only one or two going at once. In time...in time. :lol:

Things around here have been slow on the brewing front as well, and I also put the keezer project on hold until just recently.  I had a leak in my garage roof for awhile that made one corner of the garage space unusable, so until I got the new roof, it was difficult to finish up the "garage brewery."  But recently I got a great looking new roof, and with that done, the keezer is just waiting on parts that I've ordered and will be done in plenty of time for anything I brew from here forward.

So, about my new roof. 

Some of you might recall me asking back in November for some recommendations on roofers in the area, and may also remember some of the forum members giving some really sound advice.  One of those was Highstakes and I pm'd him for some specifics.  It turns out that he runs a siding, window, and roofing company so I asked if he would come by and take a look at things.  I wouldn't say that my roof is the most complicated, but when you have a 1940's house, and then add a couple of renovations and several new roof lines, including one area that has very little pitch, you're almost certainly going to have some issues, and I did.  They didn't show up all at once, but in the 14 years that I've lived here and did the addition, a few inconveniences cropped up.  He looked over everything, told me all of his recommendations, then gave me a price in line with several other estimates that I had gotten for the job.  I ultimately decided to go with his company because he listened, was thorough, trustworthy, and concerned about meeting my needs, not to mention that he's a fellow weather nerd.   Once we got a break in the weather, his crew arrived promptly and went to work.  A day and a half later, I had a new water-tight roof with all new water and ice guard, a new ridge vent in the original house, had siding removed in water-problem areas and new flashing installed, etc.  I was out of town for the work, but all my neighbors over the past couple of weeks have told me how impressed they were with the work that was done, and the way it was done.  Since then, we've had nearly 4" of rain and I couldn't be happier with the results.

So, if anyone is looking for roofing or siding work, I would suggest that you talk to Highstakes and have him come out and take a look at the project.  Bad day for photos, but here's the front and the more complicated rear of the house.

IMG_0496.thumb.jpg.f2fa365b3162fdf92f5b5a3463609f3e.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg.38ae4b02daf3f312ac0a560ae5f13589.jpg.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived