Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Please, can we keep this thread on topic? If you are upset by a run please keep your frustrations off this board. If you need to vent go find your better half (husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend) and vent with them. Maybe they will do us a favor and slap some sense into you.

Damn I love me a good soil temp discussion 

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

How much snow would this need to drop to be considered PDIII? Does it even count, since it's not on the actual day? I guess presidents day weekend counts

PDI in 1979 dropped near 20" in DC

PDII in 2003 was 28" in Baltimore

need quite a bit more for this one to be considered PDIII, IMO

people who aren't mods need to stay in their lane and stop with the bantering about banter.  i get that it clutters up threads, but complaining about it does too.  just let the mods do their thing.  if they don't have an issue with it, then you shouldn't either.  just my 2 cents on that.

2 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Going to PA for the weekend. Wife's father is in critical condition with plummeting blood potassium and magnsium, a colon infection, and nobody knows what's wrong. :-/ Wish me luck y'all. Gonna have to catch the snow up there.

Sorry to hear that :(:hug:

I hope he recovers quickly and the doctor's find out what's wrong

9 minutes ago, 87storms said:

people who aren't mods need to stay in their lane and stop with the bantering about banter.  i get that it clutters up threads, but complaining about it does too.  just let the mods do their thing.  if they don't have an issue with it, then you shouldn't either.  just my 2 cents on that.

Here here 

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

OMG ...sun angle ..lol. I laugh everytime this is spoken.

if I had a dime for every time TV mets said the ground is too warm ..."it won't accummilate" and it DOES . Every early season Nov/  December or March snowstorm they say this crap and even thru the heart of the season ... Soo if  October 29th 2011 stuck instantly ..and .April  14, 2014 and   ......April 9, 1996 then Dec thru March is gravy but they still do it like clockwork..lol

Wasn’t there a cutoff in South Carolina in Nov a few years ago that dropped significant snow?  It’s always overstated.

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

OMG ...sun angle ..lol. I laugh everytime this is spoken.

if I had a dime for every time TV mets said the ground is too warm ..."it won't accummilate" and it DOES . Every early season Nov/  December or March snowstorm they say this crap and even thru the heart of the season ... Soo if  October 29th 2011 stuck instantly ..and .April  14, 2014 and   ......April 9, 1996 then Dec thru March is gravy but they still do it like clockwork..lol

I think people have a tendency to over think things sometimes. I guess when you deal with Fail so often you begin to look for ways you are going to Fail. I myself try to look for ways we can win. Much more enjoyable and it is a lot easier on my stress levels.

3 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Until we enter Storm Mode, I think any reasonable discussion about models, trends, and opinions based on them is not pure banter.  Especially being 3+ days away from the potential storm.  At this point its all speculation about what could happen and why. 

1. not sure we will ever be in official Storm Mode. May be one of those where its expected everyone be on their best behavior. 

2. I am 99% sure that posts about 70 degrees grass and whether the roads are too warm for stickage is not reasonable discussion about models and/or trends

3. I don't care if the storm fizzles on the models tomorrow, today I am keeping that thread clean. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

1. not sure we will ever be in official Storm Mode. May be one of those where its expected everyone be on their best behavior. 

2. I am 99% sure that posts about 70 degrees grass and whether the roads are too warm for stickage is not reasonable discussion about models and/or trends

3. I don't care if the storm fizzles on the models tomorrow, today I am keeping that thread clean. 

Agreed on all points. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived