Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Banter Thread

George BM

1 minute ago, Cobalt said:

Pretty sure that was due to the old forum (EasternWx) shutting down during that time, and most of the people moving to this forum. 

Ah, I thought it may be something like that. I wasn't aware that there was a forum before this, though. I remember a forum I was apart of back in early 2010s shut down and the admin left without telling anyone...many valuable discussion posts were lost and only live in memory. I hope that doesn't happen here lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the bourbon drinkers...

i've recently tried rowan's creek and jefferson's reserve.  the rowan's is edgy while the jefferson's is smoother.  can't say i love either (though prefer the jefferson's).  i've recently tried woodford reserve which i do like and only tried a bit of bernheim (which i liked as well, but only tried a small amount and it's at my cousin's house now, so can't confirm yet).

i'm interested in trying some new stuff if anyone here knows of any.

40 minutes ago, 87storms said:

for the bourbon drinkers...

i've recently tried rowan's creek and jefferson's reserve.  the rowan's is edgy while the jefferson's is smoother.  can't say i love either (though prefer the jefferson's).  i've recently tried woodford reserve which i do like and only tried a bit of bernheim (which i liked as well, but only tried a small amount and it's at my cousin's house now, so can't confirm yet).

i'm interested in trying some new stuff if anyone here knows of any.

I drank bourbon for 20 years before retiring from booze. Eagle Rare is incredible. Probababy my all time favorite. Has that vanilla nose before the oak kicks in. Rebel Yell small batch is great budget small batch. Jim Beam Black is great for mass produced. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I drank bourbon for 20 years before retiring from booze. Eagle Rare is incredible. Probababy my all time favorite. Has that vanilla nose before the oak kicks in. Rebel Yell small batch is great budget small batch. Jim Beam Black is great for mass produced. 

nice, i might have to try that eagle rare.  i'm not on the retirement thing yet, but i could see where at the very least it tacks on unneeded calories.  we all have our vices we need to take a break or permanent break from.  i smoked cigs for a couple years way back, after playing high school hoops no less.  that was definitely one habit i had to kick.

8 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Not carried by MoCo DLC

strange

8 hours ago, 87storms said:

nice, i might have to try that eagle rare.  i'm not on the retirement thing yet, but i could see where at the very least it tacks on unneeded calories.  we all have our vices we need to take a break or permanent break from.  i smoked cigs for a couple years way back, after playing high school hoops no less.  that was definitely one habit i had to kick.

I kicked cigarettes when I had a kiddo.

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

That is strange. MCDLC was the only place I could find it. It comes in a tall narrow wine style bottle and was on the top shelf due because the bottle was tall. 

i was able to find rowan's creek in dc which is in a wine style bottle as well and i don't think moco carries it, so maybe they'll have it.  the reviews on it look good.

3 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i was able to find rowan's creek in dc which is in a wine style bottle as well and i don't think moco carries it, so maybe they'll have it.  the reviews on it look good.

If you can find Tin Cup (used to be @ MCDLC) then give that a shot too. It's small batch "whiskey" but as good as any kentucky bourbon out there. Smooth as silk and high proof. lol. Great combo. 

For those looking for spirts. Have you come up to Frederick lately? We now I believe have 3 here. McClintock Distilling, Tenth Ward Distilling, and Dragon Distillery. McClintock mainly does the white spirits. Tenth Ward likes to experiment. Have not been to Dragon yet. You are able to purchase some of their items in local liquor stores, but all have a drop in policy and tasting. :)

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I've been lurking / posting for 15+ years on weather boards and never have participated in bittercasting  / whining / attacking and never will. Never understood why people resort to it. This year has been one of the worst for it.

Blows my mind what I have seen put on display this year. I have never seen such childish, boorish and self centered behavior from some on this board let alone any other board I frequent.

5 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Blows my mind what I have seen put on display this year. I have never seen such childish, boorish and self centered behavior from some on this board let alone any other board I frequent.

I honestly believe more people are just recognizing a problem that has always existed when the pattern sucks.  I support the changes being made.

eta: it's not enough

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived