Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

George BM

40 minutes ago, 87storms said:

hard to find good pizza spots around here.  i used to like sole d'italia around the olney area.  vaces in bethesda is good.  even mama lucia's makes a decent pie.

for fast casual, i actually like this place called mod pizza in columbia and &Pizza in springfield.

there was also a place back in the day in plaza del mercado in silver spring called pizza stop.  they may have had the best pizza in the area.

also, i have no issues with pineapple on pizza.  the only ones complaining about that are the ones that also heard cargo shorts are bad.

and wow has this winter been a bust so far.  i'm with Ji on this...anything less than 2" is a shutout at this point.  we need a decent shovelable event.

Ever have chicken marsala pizza? or margherita pizza

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

There's a few good spots up in my neck of the woods in and near Germantown. Mangino's in Germantown makes a very tasty pie. Nothing fancy, but taste is on point. One of my favorites is Juliano's in Laytonsville. Brick oven pizza, so you get that nice flavor into the dough when it's done baking. Outside that, really not many other great spots around here. I had a few great places when I grew up near Baltimore. Pizza Johns in Essex/Middle River is still my favorite pie I've had in area. Best pizza goes to a place in Phoenix, AZ. Italian Mom and Pop shop with owner roots back to Northern Jersey. Absolutely amazing. Green chilies, pepperoni and sausage. Incredible. Now I want pizza

yea baltimore has some good eats in general.  i remember eating one of those jumbo slices at the market in fells (i think).  canton is loaded with good spots as well.  maybe not so much pizza, but food in general.  mamas on the half shell being one of my favorites.

i might have to mention to my fam about juliano's.  they live around there.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Every time I think you can't get any worse you prove me wrong. 

Salty as usual. I'd advise not to be emotionally invested in winter weather in this region. Apologies about some past comments but hopefully this information will help you at some future time. Believe me I know the information is hard to accept while other problems simmer in the background. You can choose to view it as trolling or as a push to drive to action.

I can assure you it is the latter and has been since I found this awful rabbit hole that is anthropogenic climate disruption, which leads to related rabbit holes that should go unmentioned since the damage is already accumulated and mentioning them would be a unecessary stress on most people.

1 hour ago, Vice-Regent said:

Salty as usual. I'd advise not to be emotionally invested in winter weather in this region. Apologies about some past comments but hopefully this information will help you at some future time. Believe me I know the information is hard to accept while other problems simmer in the background. You can choose to view it as trolling or as a push to drive to action.

I can assure you it is the latter and has been since I found this awful rabbit hole that is anthropogenic climate disruption, which leads to related rabbit holes that should go unmentioned since the damage is already accumulated and mentioning them would be a unecessary stress on most people.

Yea I'm a smart arse but my BS cup is full thank you very much. So I'm done just letting complete utter nonsense garbage pass. 

You're telling me not to be invested in snow?  I'm not that one who has a problem with what I've been getting. And I'm not the one throwing a tantrum like my 3 year old every time we don't get a warning criteria event. I'm just as psycho as anyone else about snow. I always want it. We can never have enough. But I'm not blind to climo. 

Ive had 401" the last 8 years for a 50" average. IAD has averaged 29.2" BWI 25.9 and DCA 18.4 over the same period. All well above climo. We have had 4 above average snowfall years and 4 below during that time. And yet every day I have to listen to bullish!t on here that we are in some awful run of luck or our climo sucks or how put upon we are. It's nonsense.

Last year was bad. This year has been bad. 2010,2014,2015,2016 were good. Snow is sporadic here not regular. That's our climo. But myself and a few others seem to be the only ones that realize that. Others throw a damn fit every fail and act like they are owed 18" a year or something. 

Im not a climate change or science denier. But you turn me into your enemy because you spout nonsense. Exaggerated claims. Correlating events with no evidence to support. Blowing things way out of proportion. And wanting to inject your damn agenda into EVERYTHING. 

99% of all your posts are utter crap. Devoid of anything close to a fact or a rational thought. In closing....

Truth be told our climo is ever changing. That has been my argument from the get-go. Even the mega snows of the 2000s were partly helped along by warming baselines. As well the snowfalls are typically following a boom or bust phase. All or nothing so you should know when to bail out if you have lived here for a long time.

3 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Truth be told our climo is ever changing. That has been my argument from the get-go. Even the mega snows of the 2000s were partly helped along by warming baselines.

No one is claiming climo isn't changing. Don't try to make some toned down statement that no one attacked then defend said statement. Look up straw man argument. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

No one is claiming climo isn't changing. Don't try to make some toned down statement that no one attacked then defend said statement. Look up straw man argument. 

Fair enough, someone could have interpreted your post in a different direction just had to close that option.

3 minutes ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

What needs to happen is for us to learn to appreciate all weather and not just snow!  That's some decent qpf on the way!

who cares what other people like. If you enjoy rain more power too you. That's great. Seriously that's awesome if tracking qpf makes you happy. Im not being a jerk I mean it. But most on here do not and it's unlikely that can change. I didn't decide to like snow. I just do. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

who cares what other people like. If you enjoy rain more power too you. That's great. Seriously that's awesome if tracking qpf makes you happy. Im not being a jerk I mean it. But most on here do not and it's unlikely that can change. I didn't decide to like snow. I just do. 

I like making negatives positive at all costs.

1 minute ago, Vice-Regent said:

God willing I would have the reach of Joe Bastardi. Hilarious man.

He is an a$$ hat. But I finally figured out why he seems to suck even more for our area then he does further north. He said he thinks D.C. gets another two snowstorms just like march 2013. He was obviously referring to the two march storms that both MISSED DC. Lol he doesn't know our climo. He has done that before too. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

He is an a$$ hat. But I finally figured out why he seems to suck even more for our area then he does further north. He said he thinks D.C. gets another two snowstorms just like march 2013. He was obviously referring to the two march storms that both MISSED DC. Lol he doesn't know our climo. He has done that before too. 

D.C. to him is your imby.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived