Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Interstate said:

Would not be very successful... considering that we only average 5 snow days a year.

I wasn't looking to make money, but if I could get a bunch of high school kids to make a little pocket change and help the community, it would be worth it. Heck, if it cut down on even a tenth of the griping in here about snow days it would be worth it.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I wasn't looking to make money, Bozo, but if I could get a bunch of high school kids to make a little pocket change and help the community, it would be worth it. Heck, if it cut down on even a tenth of the griping in here about snow days it would be worth it.

Is name calling really necessary?

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I thought i was the only one..lol . Ive been trying for months . The smallest i can  manage is 20kb and the pic looks horrible..not to mention I'm still not at 10.24kb geez 

Tried over the summer from up at camp (wish I was there now because they got hammered) and had the same issues. Finally gave up it wasn't worth the trouble.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I wasn't looking to make money, but if I could get a bunch of high school kids to make a little pocket change and help the community, it would be worth it. Heck, if it cut down on even a tenth of the griping in here about snow days it would be worth it.

Need to get a pool of HS kids to do shoveling duties as well.

16 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

bacon and pineapple pizza is good

i've found pineapple on pizza to be one of the bigger internet forum polarizing arguments

people get passionate

That reminds me of a quote from Nate Silver's book, The Signal and the Noise. "When we are making predictions, we need to balance between curiosity and skepticism."

7 hours ago, H2O said:

I have 3 kids going to school.  One of which is in HS so I've been doing this for a while.  What the schools do doesn't get me riled up anymore.  It is what it is.  BFD if that makes missing a day of work to be at home.

I don’t care about kids staying home when the situation actually warrants it. What I care about is that these decisions promote the idea that we need to insulate our kids even from perceived threatening situations.

8 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Pineapple with bacon, ham or pepperoni is fine by me. I don't want it by itself if it's on pizza. I can take it or leave it. Give me pepperoni, sausage, ham, bacon, onions, mushrooms or green peppers as my main toppings. 

I'm positively ravenous now.

9 hours ago, Jandurin said:

i don't really love pineapple on pizza but occasionally a hawaiian pizza is tasty for me

comparing pineapple to snickers is a pretty big exaggeration

how about the opposite

broccoli on pizza?

Yea, I agree that ice cream and snickers was a stretch. Watermelon and grapefruit sound pretty good

So good to see you guys are still active.  I'm patiently holding on to my Gingerbread Stout waiting for the first 3"+ snowstorm.  Jeb says Feb 20th, so I'm excited!!  Ham and Pineapple pizza is great!  I also love the traditional meat lovers.  It's hard to make a bad pizza.  About the only thing that could ruin a pizza is anchovies. 

See you all in a week to start tracking Jeb's Feb 20th snowfest!! 

hard to find good pizza spots around here.  i used to like sole d'italia around the olney area.  vaces in bethesda is good.  even mama lucia's makes a decent pie.

for fast casual, i actually like this place called mod pizza in columbia and &Pizza in springfield.

there was also a place back in the day in plaza del mercado in silver spring called pizza stop.  they may have had the best pizza in the area.

also, i have no issues with pineapple on pizza.  the only ones complaining about that are the ones that also heard cargo shorts are bad.

and wow has this winter been a bust so far.  i'm with Ji on this...anything less than 2" is a shutout at this point.  we need a decent shovelable event.

43 minutes ago, 87storms said:

hard to find good pizza spots around here.  i used to like sole d'italia around the olney area.  vaces in bethesda is good.  even mama lucia's makes a decent pie.

for fast casual, i actually like this place called mod pizza in columbia and &Pizza in springfield.

there was also a place back in the day in plaza del mercado in silver spring called pizza stop.  they may have had the best pizza in the area.

also, i have no issues with pineapple on pizza.  the only ones complaining about that are the ones that also heard cargo shorts are bad.

and wow has this winter been a bust so far.  i'm with Ji on this...anything less than 2" is a shutout at this point.  we need a decent shovelable event.

There's a few good spots up in my neck of the woods in and near Germantown. Mangino's in Germantown makes a very tasty pie. Nothing fancy, but taste is on point. One of my favorites is Juliano's in Laytonsville. Brick oven pizza, so you get that nice flavor into the dough when it's done baking. Outside that, really not many other great spots around here. I had a few great places when I grew up near Baltimore. Pizza Johns in Essex/Middle River is still my favorite pie I've had in area. Best pizza goes to a place in Phoenix, AZ. Italian Mom and Pop shop with owner roots back to Northern Jersey. Absolutely amazing. Green chilies, pepperoni and sausage. Incredible. Now I want pizza

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived