SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

George BM

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yoda said:

Wizards being blown out early tonight vs 76ers... sigh

When the open looks don't drop early on the road it kinda sets the tone. Oubre missing all his 3s hurt. Wiz fought back a couple times but damage was done early. 

I really like Embid. He's a great big. Philly is going to be good down the stretch. 

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

When the open looks don't drop early on the road it kinda sets the tone. Oubre missing all his 3s hurt. Wiz fought back a couple times but damage was done early. 

I really like Embid. He's a great big. Philly is going to be good down the stretch. 

We need D’andre Jordan if we want to go anywhere in the playoffs. I really hope we can get him.

PSU Hoffman set me straight about DC winters. Four inches in a season is normal because of the distribution over a 30 yr sampling of different low sun seasons, and I am content. There are going to be winters here with only 4 inches. Some winters here will be 0.1 inch of snow.

I am not asking for any accums. All I wish for, is some sleet/ZR on the roads while I drive home, because I KNOW I can outdrive mother nature. No accumulation at all. I just want hazardous conditions on my drive home.

I am starting crave weather challenges so badly, that I am even thinking about joining Outward Bound. LMAO

Jefferson County is about to get totally annihilated by freezing rain and sleet, ALL NIGHT LONG AND MUCH OF WEDNESDAY--- And I am going to miss all of it, every last bit of it. Radar is unbelievable, they are going to get CRUSHED! Better get the National Guard! There has been much more cold air than expected, NWS is extending the WWA east and south, they are scrambling to keep up!

19 minutes ago, mattie g said:

You laugh, but I'm not sure how you can find it funny that schools are closing for no valid reason.

They get complaints from both sides. It does seem odd that some schools in VA close so readily, especially the night before, but when they wait to close, parents gripe that they should have done it earlier to give more time to make arrangements.

14 minutes ago, Mdecoy said:

I said yesterday that the WWA's and the school closings were very atlantaish. No one wanted to listen.

I still don't.

44 minutes ago, mattie g said:

You laugh, but I'm not sure how you can find it funny that schools are closing for no valid reason.

I have 3 kids going to school.  One of which is in HS so I've been doing this for a while.  What the schools do doesn't get me riled up anymore.  It is what it is.  BFD if that makes missing a day of work to be at home.

37 minutes ago, H2O said:

I have 3 kids going to school.  One of which is in HS so I've been doing this for a while.  What the schools do doesn't get me riled up anymore.  It is what it is.  BFD if that makes missing a day of work to be at home.

This right here. I live in a county that North of 70 dictates the school system decisions. I take advantage of these decisions and put my girls to work around the house rather than getting worked up. Pick your battles.

25 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

This right here. I live in a county that North of 70 dictates the school system decisions. I take advantage of these decisions and put my girls to work around the house rather than getting worked up. Pick your battles.

I was thinking of starting a business where I hire dependable high schoolers that are on a call list for snow days. When parents of elementary and middle school aged kids have to go to work, they can call a central number and make a request to have day care for the day from local older kids. I imagine it running similar to the substitute teacher system where parents can call in days in advance to make a reservation, even request a specific high school student based on past experiences, and if it ends up that there is school, no big deal. 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was thinking of starting a business where I hire dependable high schoolers that are on a call list for snow days. When parents of elementary and middle school aged kids have to go to work, they can call a central number and make a request to have day care for the day from local older kids. I imagine it running similar to the substitute teacher system where parents can call in days in advance to make a reservation, even request a specific high school student based on past experiences, and if it ends up that there is school, no big deal. 

Would not be very successful... considering that we only average 5 snow days a year.

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Anyone else have problems posting pics from there phone to the forum . I have Samsung note 8 and every time I try to post a pic a message pops up and says only 10.24 kb or less.  I can't even get anywhere near that size even after cropping and changing resolution.  Do I need a outside service ( app) to resize for me ? 

I had that problem a little while back and I just gave up. Not sure what's going on there. 

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I thought i was the only one..lol . Ive been trying for months . The smallest i can  manage is 20kb and the pic looks horrible..not to mention I'm still not at 10.24kb geez 

Yeah. I tried the same thing and it's not even worth it. Everything I upload is on the computer right now. Hopefully someone up top sees this and can identify the problem. I don't want to bug Randy with it. I'm sure he's busy and has other things to take care of. Might be a minor fix for all I know. 

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

You guys using Tapatalk on your phones? Never had an image uploading problem, but I'm on an iPhone. 

Yup. I use Tapatalk and I have an iPhone, but still encounter the problem. I wonder if I have to uninstall and reinstall the app to see if it'll work. Might have to try it out. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived