Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, yoda said:

Looking at the 3pm OBS... kinda fascinating to see BWI at 76 and KNAK (Annapolis, MD) at 51

MRB has hit 81 per NWS EDD map

If that is official, its the earliest 80+ reading on record there.  It would also mean the daily high temperature record for the date was broken by 11 degrees.  That's crazy.

2 hours ago, WVclimo said:

If that is official, its the earliest 80+ reading on record there.  It would also mean the daily high temperature record for the date was broken by 11 degrees.  That's crazy.

Topper had the high of 80 for MRB on the 6 o'clock news... so no 81 I guess but still.

Also said if DCA reaches 80 tomorrow, it would be the earliest 80 in record at DCA - said Feb 24 1930 is record... but didn't we have temps in the 80s in jan-feb of 1998?

14 minutes ago, yoda said:

Topper had the high of 80 for MRB on the 6 o'clock news... so no 81 I guess but still.

Also said if DCA reaches 80 tomorrow, it would be the earliest 80 in record at DCA - said Feb 24 1930 is record... but didn't we have temps in the 80s in jan-feb of 1998?

Looking at DCA data on the Utah site, warmest I can find is 69 on 1/8/1998.  Rodney, or some others, may have more accurate records.  Those months were wall-to-wall warmth but nothing as extreme as today.

12 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

Looking at DCA data on the Utah site, warmest I can find is 69 on 1/8/1998.  Rodney, or some others, may have more accurate records.  Those months were wall-to-wall warmth but nothing as extreme as today.

Can you link me to that site?  I don't seem to have it in my weather links folder.  I did ask Rodney in the other thread.  Thank you for looking :)

15 minutes ago, yoda said:

Can you link me to that site?  I don't seem to have it in my weather links folder.  I did ask Rodney in the other thread.  Thank you for looking :)

Here you go: https://climate.usurf.usu.edu/mapGUI/mapGUI.php

use the search to select a station, then add it by clicking on the plus sign next to it (you will see it appear in the Selected Station box on the right.  Then just set the date parameters, and choose the fields you want in the report.  Also, check English rather than metric.  Table view is good for a month or two.  If you select a spreadsheet file for longer time periods, they will email it to you pretty promptly.  

Have fun. I have lost countless hours at that site as well as the SERCC site.

46 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

I remember that day well. My then-girlfriend was home from college and we went down to the Mall to visit some museums. And while we were there a bird shat on my head.

3 minutes ago, Jebman said:

I am sick and tired of this anomalous hot air already!

Get this hot low 80s weather today the fook out of here !

I want my normal seasonable 48/29 weather back, along with fog and steady light rain and drizzle!

I had to turn on the AC Jeb.  Wife said she was hot last night.  That used to mean something else now it just means turn on the fooking AC.  A disaster in all directions. 

15 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Does the new climo period include February 2015, one of the coldest months ever in the region?

There are always anomolies. There's little denying the 30 year climo sample the "avg" is built off of is outdated locally now. I've done the stats before but we are more comparable now to Richmond's 30 year climo avg.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived