Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Was 59.2 this morning, NWS forecast is a low of 57 tonight. The 'high minimum' for tomorrow for me is 55 set in 1990, looks like another record going in the books in morning. Least it wasn't culture shock coming home last night, as I left Dillon a little after noon yesterday they had warmed to 37 and the dripping was ongoing, even at close to 10K feet the sun does its job. Drove thru 30-50 mph winds coming down I-70 and temp on car climbed thru 40's, 50's and settled at 65 when I made Denver airport at 3 pm. Landed to rain and 50 still at 11 pm at Dulles. Sad thing is it stayed there most of the way home and even went up a couple degrees and was 53 when I made it home at 3 am. And climbed MORE while I napped until 7:30 to the 59.2....sheesh.

Low was 56.4 degrees, setting new record for warmest low for date. Hit 71.1 yesterday afternoon....Maying.

On 2/1/2018 at 9:20 AM, mappy said:

yeah I think that is the late October snow year. We were still in Cockeysville, and I recall Fozz driving north through Parkton into PA to see a few inches. PSU/Highstakes/Loseto6 probably saw something decent out of it since it was pretty elevation dependent. 

the rest of that winter i have no memory of, so i guess it was awful. 

Yup. I took 83 north into Parkton, Shrewsbury, and eventually York. The change in scenery was amazing, and actually got a little scary since I didn't have much experience driving in the snow, but it was so much fun. I think York had at least 4-5" when I was there (the higher hills got up to 9"), but on my way back there was a rapid drop after passing Parkton.

And yeah, there was pretty much nothing else to remember that winter. It was awful. Then the following winter (which also sucked) I went up to New England when they had their blizzard.

13 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

62 here right now in my neck of the woods. High was 68. Had a small shower roll through at 230-3pm today, so missed out on getting to 70. Germantown hit about 71/72 today. Was a beautiful night out.

I ran 3 miles last night, caught a few sprinkles, but saw that there was lots of rain just to my north. I'm glad it missed, because it felt so nice outside.

Fog all over in higher elevations this morning. Watch out on top of the ridge at the Virginia/West Virginia state line, the east slope on into Rt 9, and also the wicked rise east of Paeonian Springs where you leave Rt 7 and go onto Rt 9 --- extreme fog this morning!!!! I damn near ran off the road!

Those low clouds mean business!

While I'm ready for warmth, I think the guidance is a bit too warm for the next 24 hours.  The ground is cold and wet from the snow melt so I'd bet we bust about 2 - 5 degrees too cold for today's warmth.  The downtown areas will certainly spike but I think tomorrow is the day we really get that springlike feel in the air.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived