Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Easton this afternoon and it was 39 when the rain started and then temps dropped to 35 and sleet was pinging off the windshield. I was shocked and then laughed that I didn't even know the possibility existed in the first place...and I pride myself with tracking all winter wx in the region....personal fail  

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I was in Easton this afternoon and it was 39 when the rain started and then temps dropped to 35 and sleet was pinging off the windshield. I was shocked and then laughed that I didn't even know the possibility existed in the first place...and I pride myself with tracking all winter wx in the region....personal fail  

I was there too and thought the same thing. I was like this was in the forecast?

Was 59.2 this morning, NWS forecast is a low of 57 tonight. The 'high minimum' for tomorrow for me is 55 set in 1990, looks like another record going in the books in morning. Least it wasn't culture shock coming home last night, as I left Dillon a little after noon yesterday they had warmed to 37 and the dripping was ongoing, even at close to 10K feet the sun does its job. Drove thru 30-50 mph winds coming down I-70 and temp on car climbed thru 40's, 50's and settled at 65 when I made Denver airport at 3 pm. Landed to rain and 50 still at 11 pm at Dulles. Sad thing is it stayed there most of the way home and even went up a couple degrees and was 53 when I made it home at 3 am. And climbed MORE while I napped until 7:30 to the 59.2....sheesh.

12 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

"Wedge" and clouds seem to be holding temps down a bit....only in the mid 50s.  Not sure we all break  into the upper 60s today.

Must be a wedge or front, 'cuz JUST south of DC metro many places in mid 60's to pushing 70 already.

Looking at the 11 am reading, when was the last time you saw Dulles warmer than DCA with a south wind blowing at both locations??? :unsure:

2 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Must be a wedge or front, 'cuz JUST south of DC metro many places in mid 60's to pushing 70 already.

Looking at the 11 am reading, when was the last time you saw Dulles warmer than DCA with a south wind blowing at both locations??? :unsure:

Yea that is bizarro, BUT, this time of year proximity to water bodies will play havoc with temps.  

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived