Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I really wish I could trade you. This is a bit excessive, considering it was already quite wet here.

A tenth away from 5" since noon yesterday. Crazy.

Yeah, definitely don't want that much rain, especially this time of year.  I just get tired of receiving a fraction of precip of the rest of the region.  Hope it lets up for you soon.

Going to be interesting to see how far north the warm front can advance today.    The HRRR is most aggressive, while the NAM3 struggles to get it too far north of an east-west axis through southern Howard County.   The NAM3 also shows it retreating a bit later due to some convectively-induced sfc cooling and then pulls it back further north in the early evening.   The widespread rainfall right now is causing the front to struggle to move north and northwest, but it is in the low 60s in Calvert County.

6 minutes ago, high risk said:

Going to be interesting to see how far north the warm front can advance today.    The HRRR is most aggressive, while the NAM3 struggles to get it too far north of an east-west axis through southern Howard County.   The NAM3 also shows it retreating a bit later due to some convectively-induced sfc cooling and then pulls it back further north in the early evening.   The widespread rainfall right now is causing the front to struggle to move north and northwest, but it is in the low 60s in Calvert County.

Think the warm front is nudging closer and/or at our front door in NVA.  Was at 43 a couple of hours ago - around where it held steady overnight.  Started climbing about an hour ago am already up to 55 now.  With 55dp too. 

33 minutes ago, high risk said:

Yeah the temperature gradient is pretty sharp- 49 at BWI and 68 IMBY here in Prince Frederick. I was surprised how warm it was when I went out this morning.

5 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Shame that we can't get the good snows they get as well. (At least the last 2 years) :lol:

eta: Hmmmmm..... You moved here 2 years ago, right? Think we found our winter jinx.

I moved in December 2016. Baton Rouge has had more snow than us since. Yes, I already am WELL aware I’m the jinx.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived