Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/1-2/18 Wave

MJO812

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I’m sticking just fine too but My elevations not great at all...Latitude helps maybe?

Sticking in Monroe, white rain in Chester & Goshen then stickage in the west side of Middletown. Almost look like it was pure rain in Chester. Amazing what a few hundred feet can do with these types of events.

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Sticking in Monroe, white rain in Chester & Goshen then stickage in the west side of Middletown. Almost look like it was pure rain in Chester. Amazing what a few hundred feet can do with these types of events.

How useful are these! It makes tracking so much easier. They obviously don’t cover every microclimate but it’s oretty good coverage. http://www.nysmesonet.org/mesonow#?stid=OTIS

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Haven’t seen flakes this big in a while, moderate snow

These are the biggest flakes I've ever seen and I've seen lots of flakes :) 

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

May be different but I poured for about 2 hours, accumulated immediately 

It rained here from about 4pm until it flipped and it started sticking immediately. It doesn't hurt that it's snowing hard, that usually makes the difference in overcoming warm, wet ground. I'm just a tick over 700 feet and there's already at least 2" on the ground.

Once that band of insanely huge flakes passed things got soggy in a big hurry. The snow depth went from about 3" to under 2" in just a few minutes. It's still snowing though and everything is coated in a layer of white, pretty cool looking and if it doesn't fall off of stuff it ought to look great when the sun comes up.

Archived