• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Early February Hyperactivity

Stebo

Went for a little Jeb walk earlier to drop off a bill down at the post office.  Was nice walking through the peacefully falling snow, and the glistening of the flakes in the street lights.  Was really quiet as well, as most folks had already tucked in for the night.  Looks like about 3/4" so far.  Starting to wind down now, but should make it to near an inch, which is about what was expected.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same scene going on here as cyclone except I'll miss out on that walk. This little event over the  early AM is performing way better than that Pixie dust advisory event on monday even if its only an inch.  

Now we just need the elusive, Alek - left turn to make an appearance for the weekend.

6 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

3km NAM, HRRR and RAP all showing around 2-5" across the GTA tomorrow. Depending on ratios, I'd lean closer to 4.0" atm. Doing a brief surface and upper air analysis, there is an abundance of moisture especially with the southern stream. We'll see if that can play a role tomorrow. Nonetheless, should be a quick hitting couple of inches tomorrow just after the morning commute. 

2-3" is my call. Quick mover with <9 hours of snow. Not expecting ++ rates.

Sitting under the northwesternmost band of heavy snow with this little "Apps runner" if you can even call it that.  Not disappointing either...eyeballing at least 3" and should tack on a little more over the next hour or so.  CLE, CAK, and YNG all had at least one ob of 1" per hour snow during the commute...the latter two both had a couple such obs, including 2" in the 5-6am hour at YNG. 

19 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

So far...I'm impressed. The lighter snow earlier was filled with dendrites. Now we're more plate and columns but the intensity has increased. Visibility at YYZ down to 3/4 SM. Maybe we'll make a run at 4".

Some heavier bands just south of Hamilton per radar should start moving in within the next hour or so. If we keep up the current dendrites and rates, we can make a run at 4.0". 68.5cm (~27.0") at YYZ as of yesterday. All nickle and dimes, haha! 

16 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

I'm looking through my office window. Haven't been out. What do you thinks fallen? Based on the rates we're probably already north of 2".

Well based purely on observation from my office window, I'd say were pretty much at 3.0" now. It was almost an inch before I left early this morning and YYZ has been recording +SN for almost 2 hours now. Rates should slow down by noon, but we can definitely crack 4.0". 

30 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Well based purely on observation from my office window, I'd say were pretty much at 3.0" now. It was almost an inch before I left early this morning and YYZ has been recording +SN for almost 2 hours now. Rates should slow down by noon, but we can definitely crack 4.0". 

Its been a winter of special weather statements instead of winter storm warnings but I will gladly take a parade of 2-4" mini snowstorms. These snow events will make the winter seem particularly harsh to most people in the GTA as well because the traffic grinds to a halt whether its 2" or 6".  

Looking forward to the Friday-Sunday events to pad the stats even more. 

1 hour ago, snowstormcanuck said:

I'm looking through my office window. Haven't been out. What do you thinks fallen? Based on the rates we're probably already north of 2".

Saw a tweet online saying YYZ is at 6cm so far as of 11am. Heaviest snow is likely over and YYZ will most likely finish below 4.0". 

15 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Its been a winter of special weather statements instead of winter storm warnings but I will gladly take a parade of 2-4" mini snowstorms. These snow events will make the winter seem particularly harsh to most people in the GTA as well because the traffic grinds to a halt whether its 2" or 6".  

Looking forward to the Friday-Sunday events to pad the stats even more. 

Alot of frequent snow events this year despite them all being nickle and dime events. Today's event will likely put YYZ within 4.0" of last season's total and if all holds true this weekend, we'll likely surpass it. 

19 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Ended up with 3.5" here, snow depth is up to 7" now. Solid week so far

M1.6 heading out this morn with 4 hrs more falling after that. Should have ~ 5.5" OTG in Marshall. Lowest in the middle (BC, Marshall, Albion, Jackson) with depths increasing E and W along the 94 corridor. Hopefully this weekend can even that out a bit

4 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

M1.6 heading out this morn with 4 hrs more falling after that. Should have ~ 5.5" OTG in Marshall. Lowest in the middle (BC, Marshall, Albion, Jackson) with depths increasing E and W along the 94 corridor. Hopefully this weekend can even that out a bit

I’d bet by Sunday we could add a “1” in front of those depths around here.

3 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

Michigan snow magnet in full force :lol:

YYZ after today will be ~30.0". Crazy difference between Detroit, Chicago and Toronto. 

I mean YYZ isn't that far behind us. You guys are still above normal, Chicago though :yikes: but they are making up for lost ground.

Finished with 3.8" of snow today, the fluffiest snow of the season Id say, as only 0.16" of liquid was in the fluff. This brought my season total to 43.3". As stebo mentioned the 3.6" at DTW brought the season total to 41.1".

Snow depth this morning peaked around 9", but the fluff has already settled some. Very wintry scenes out there.

27540401_10109709797320153_8368963303139

27544949_10109709797779233_6127820460029

27867776_10109709798303183_3733576618706

27749997_10109709799251283_7730581838340

Archived