Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Early February Hyperactivity

Stebo

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a good 1.5" so far here.  Pixies continues.  Unless we can get another enhanced band to get back in here we may fail to reach 3".

EDIT:  Several 5" reports out around Des Moines.  The GFS ended up being correct all along, with the heaviest axis centered from Des Moines, to Galesburg, and on towards Pontiac.

1 hour ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Def liking the prospects later this week. Think GFS might be warming too much. Should have a good enough snow pack to mitigate some warming. Still bone dry here. Temps in teens and dews in low single digits

One thing this could present is an ice situation, I do think rain chances north of 80 are looking low at this point though.

Came up with 4.6” a bit higher than the 4.1-4.2” CR area average, but they had a bit of a lull when I didn’t. Regardless this storm was kinda disappointing as we were shown to be the jackpot zone even until about 11 today. In fact it became evident that the band would set up south and the CAMs still didn’t budge. They died with their incorrect solution. The GFS and RGEM did the best with this event.

4.3" here, which is the heaviest event of the season.  A tad more than I thought we'd get so that's a plus.  Nice daytime event.  Looks like the NAMs were correct afterall in that there was a narrow band of heavier snows, but it misplaced it too far north.  Nice 7-8" swath from central IA towards Pontiac IL.

Archived