Super Bowl Sunday Storm 2/4-5

WiseWeather

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

18z RGEM upticked from 12z

zr_acc.us_ma-4.png

Man I just dont know if this is believable. Especially that far east. Would be an epic failure of some global mods, as well as forecasting from the nws. Everyone is kind of expecting up our way an inch of snow and a light glaze. Gosh that would be bad.

6 minutes ago, GunBlade said:

HRRR has zero ice for areas outside of NW NC foothillls.  This sim radar is the extent of where ice ever is on the HRRR.  If correct nearly everyone on here will be just rain. 

EBE8FDA0-D24B-4D2E-8EB3-1519A86BD6C2.jpeg

Luckily, it's not! It's now casting time! Radar is very clear, outside of NW NC at this point, nothing really close, should allow for maximum cooling, with no surprise early precip 

@BornAgain13 I posted your map over on Mid Atl forum and asked High Risk, who is an awesome met if he had any theories as to why the RGEM is so much colder and unfortunately he said he is not too familiar with the RGEM model itself, but said 2m is the reason why. When I looked the RGEM is ridiculously cold at 2m almost the entire duration of the event. Going to be something.

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

@BornAgain13 I posted your map over on Mid Atl forum and asked High Risk, who is an awesome met if he had any theories as to why the RGEM is so much colder and unfortunately he said he is not too familiar with the RGEM model itself, but said 2m is the reason why. When I looked the RGEM is ridiculously cold at 2m almost the entire duration of the event. Going to be something.

Correct.  This isn’t a P-Type issue.  It’s simply how cold the surface layer is.  RGEM is much colder than the others and is surely overdone.   

53 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

do youll think the highlands/cashiers area (3500 feet) will see some snow out of this?  debating on driving up there for the night from atl....need to decide soon

thanks

Yes, probably will get a few hours of snow with 2-3 inches before it turns to rain.

8 minutes ago, WarmNose said:

NAM 3k should nail this one. Which, aside from some slick roads in spots, should be a non event

EDIT : speaking for MY area only!

Ummmmm.... I highly recommend you upstate people go to FB and find the WYFF - Chris Justice update from about an hour ago!!! That future cast radar looks like it could get RGEM totals!! There is some mod/heavy rain falling and it's frozen according to radar!! I know, self limiting, latent heat release, blah blah, but moderate Precip, could aid in a lot better wet-bulbing conditions! You get that precip at 29/30 degrees, which is not at all impossible, and your gonna have big problems!! Ask Lookout about temps being forecasted about 3-5 degrees too high! And tree loss! ( yes that was a different set up) but just making a point

Archived