WiseWeather

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

I think that’s the highest run yet. And correcting slightly west each run 

1 minute ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

That better not be right, or I won't be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow!..

6 minutes ago, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

Regardless if amounts are correct, this is in agreement with other meso models of where the highest ZR will be found..not so sure I want to jackpot with this one 

Just now, BIG FROSTY said:

Surely that can't verify in this set-up?

@Buddy1987 It's overdone, no doubt, but even a half or a third of that amount is still trouble. The main takeaway is it is honing in on where we will see the most ice. What is concerning is it continues to uptick the amounts, just like the 3k NAM did. Will the RGEM verify verbatim? Very unlikely. But the trends of being colder and icier can't be ignored.

2 minutes ago, Disc said:

@Buddy1987 It's overdone, no doubt, but even a half or a third of that amount is still trouble. The main takeaway is it is honing in on where we will see the most ice. What is concerning is it continues to uptick the amounts, just like the 3k NAM did. Will the RGEM verify verbatim? Very unlikely. But the trends of being colder and icier can't be ignored.

3kNAM has heavy rain moving in pretty quick, that would bring temps up faster correct? Don't need the heavy rain. lol

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Very doubtful, Just talked to a Met. He says way to far east with the ZR and WAY TOO COLD!! IHO

Like @Disc said, yes the amounts are almost guaranteed too high.  I disagree with the too Far East comment though.  These setup right around 85 almost always and that’s exactly how this is.  The closer to 85 the less accumulations but go just north west of it and it really starts to add up quickly.  That RGEM area of zr is much better than earlier where it gave me almost .5 zr right st the union and meck line.  This is much more realistic locations for accumulations but still prob unrealistic totals.   

Just now, BIG FROSTY said:

Very doubtful, Just talked to a Met. He says way to far east with the ZR and WAY TOO COLD!! IHO

Frosty, has this individual been involved in cad type setups then? They are nothing to mess with. The same way the cold air funnels down the appalachians and then refuses to budge is the same way events happened when I still lived in CT. The cold air would funnel down the St Lawrence Valley and literally get trapped and could not get out. As Disc alluded to and I asked to have confirmation, even if it is overdone by 1/2 of the total, for me I would still be looking at 1/2'' of ice accretion. That is devastating to this area and areas further to my southwest, namely Mack and Burrell, etc.. I would tread very careful when overthinking cad setups. They are unreal to forecast. The problem with the HRRR that I have little knowledge on is cannot pick up on the shallow boundaries, whereas it cannot see the low level cold as some of the other models and such can. Just my two cents on the whole thing.

4 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

3kNAM has heavy rain moving in pretty quick, that would bring temps up faster correct? Don't need the heavy rain. lol

Yes. Also, heavier rates won't freeze as well at 31 or 32 degrees. If you actually want efficient ice accrual, hope for lighter precip.

Archived