Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Super Bowl Sunday Storm 2/4-5

WiseWeather

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

You can really tell by the lack of CLT and RAH posts, who is having this event! Sad really, except for grit giving his thoughts, which are always appreciated! 

BF, I'm at 45 Torchy degrees! :( full cloud cover

Looking forward to a drought ending cold rain here. I hope the HRRR is right and  the warm nose is minimal. Not much to follow for our neck of the woods and ZR is just a pain.

4 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

40.3/5 - mostly cloudy skies

Busting low on high temps might be good, but won't be a free fall tonight, due to thick clouds. It always amazes me how you are constantly 3-5 degrees colder than me, every event! Was supposed to be 46 today, don't see that much more heating, with cloud deck thickening 

14 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Busting low on high temps might be good, but won't be a free fall tonight, due to thick clouds. It always amazes me how you are constantly 3-5 degrees colder than me, every event! Was supposed to be 46 today, don't see that much more heating, with cloud deck thickening 

the magical I-85 demarcation - once my youngest starts Langston Charter next year, we plan to move to the country/northern Greenville County - I expect to be a *little* cooler!

6 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

Mack, I use a 7 year old Vantage Vue mounted approx 2m above ground - well away from my house - it's above 30 feet from a seldom used side road - the VV is not shaded but does have a passive radiation shield

Nice! I don't have the money for anything fancy. Just have a la crosse and Oregon scientific temp sensors, 6' off the ground, on N side of the house, away from the house

Just now, drfranklin said:

Mack, the magical I-85 demarcation - once my youngest starts Langston Charter next year, we plan to move to the country/Northern Greenville Cty - I expected to be a little bit cooler!

If I had a choice to move, I'd go all out like Caesars Head, Pumpkin town, TR at very least! I work in Taylors, so that may be doable someday!? My only child starts middle school next year, Ralph Chandler! Even further South, ugggh! :(

2 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

43/5 now. Winds from SE, not good! TWC has my low down to 31 now, and more ice in their wording for tonight and tomorrow. 

Hear the HRRR is horrible on surface temps, but not sure

Mack, I think if anything the RGEM may be a little too cold. HRRR may be a tad more realistic but I obv could be wrong in the same token.

[mention=1046]BIG FROSTY[/mention]we're gonna get crushed dude and probably not in a good way, as Ice really messes everything up, especially my super bowl party potentially tomorrow! 34.5 and sunny here. I think radiational cooling will be pretty legit tonight to start.

WxSouth thinking we might get .50 of ice. That’s lights out I don’t know about that much? I hope it stays clear for serval hours after dark.

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Well the short short version of GSP afternoon discussion: not much concern in the upstate, at all . All they are yammering about is mountains/ NC Piedmont! Yawn, knew not to trust the RGEM and NAM! Doh!

Mack, don't let your guard down man. All temps in the area have been undercut. I am still partly sunny so I would think radiational cooling will take off, but the hi-res mods still look good for your area.

38 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Mack, don't let your guard down man. All temps in the area have been undercut. I am still partly sunny so I would think radiational cooling will take off, but the hi-res mods still look good for your area.

Apparently, we on weatherboards, are the only ones that believe/ use these models!? They are showing warning criteria for a lot of areas in best CAD regions of SCNC, NEGA

Just now, mackerel_sky said:

Apparently, we on weatherboards, are the only ones that believe/ use these models!? They are showing warning criteria for a lot of areas in best CAD regions of SCNC, NEGA

Wrong! Disc was on here last night. He used to be one of us, as in weather enthusiast. He is now a met and said he was taking a blend of the 3k nam and euro.

Archived