• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Damage In Tolland

Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Amazing how dry the Euro is...it has zippo for anyone tonight/early tomorrow outside of far NNE...maybe 0.01 down to about Sanford, ME and dendrite.

Then for the main FROPA, it's very dry too...maybe an inch of snow at most? Less in most spots.

How useful are the weather.us "significant weather" Euro maps?  Those are spitting out some snow...

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

3km NAM gives MPM 6” and my area 1-2”

I think him up to near you and esp just north are in for some decent snow. Nothing b heavy, but could be steady fluff.

21 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Still on board for good forcing and 1-3” tomorrow night?

Not really. Maybe 1-2 for some if lucky. But it’s not looking exciting. 

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not really. Maybe 1-2 for some if lucky. But it’s not looking exciting. 

Based on what I see and a nice surge of moisture and forcing I think much of inland SNE sees 1-3”. And I’d bet some place like NW CT or S Berks see 4+

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Based on what I see and a nice surge of moisture and forcing I think much of inland SNE sees 1-3”. And I’d bet some place like NW CT or S Berks see 4+

Of course you do

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tomorrow night? They have a much better chance tonight. Tomorrow night looks rather meh. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Tomorrow night? They have a much better chance tonight. Tomorrow night looks rather meh. 

I’m planning on a solid 1-2” here tomorrow night. See no reason that can’t happen for your area either 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m planning on a solid 1-2” here tomorrow night. See no reason that can’t happen for your area either 

Yeah I could see that, but I also could see a coating. 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

If that trough gets sharper watch out. 

I'll defer to you're experience but I sell whatever they show, regardless of output.  I just look at them for pure fun.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'll defer to you're experience but I sell whatever they show, regardless of output.  I just look at them for pure fun.

I may be way off base here but I've found them somewhat useful this winter. 

SREFs and new NAM is getting a bigger and bigger low to develop to our southwest, need to watch where that frontal wave develops if it is before our latitude then Friday overperforms, vice versa if it forms after us.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

SREFs and new NAM is getting a bigger and bigger low to develop to our southwest, need to watch where that frontal wave develops if it is before our latitude then Friday overperforms, vice versa if it forms after us.

Nam is getting colder