Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I had a delay and my school had almost zero.  I was glad since it gave me a chance to snowblow but  a bit of a waste.   

With the forecast it was understandable though

2 days in October due to power lines and trees down all over. 1 day in extreme cold when buses wouldn’t start, and 4 snow days. The snow events have all been poorly timed from school perspective 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

2 days in October due to power lines and trees down all over. 1 day in extreme cold when buses wouldn’t start, and 4 snow days. The snow events have all been poorly timed from school perspective 

There is no reason why you cancel school for 4.5 inches of snow. None. I know you had five but there wasn’t even 5 inches by the time we had to make that decision.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There is no reason why you cancel school for 4.5 inches of snow. None. I know you had five but there wasn’t even 5 inches by the time we had to make that decision.

The story on today was it was already a scheduled half day. So they couldn’t delay as high school would have been in school about 45 minutes lol

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I can’t recall ever missing school to wind or cold. I can’t remember more than 3 snow days either. Also my school rarely ever delayed. I could probably count the amount of times in 12 years on one hand. Snowflakes these days...

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The story on today was it was already a scheduled half day. So they couldn’t delay as high school would have been in school about 45 minutes lol

I see I guess. It just  seems like some strange decisions come from that town. Usually the call is made by 5 AM. I’ve noticed you guys have been pretty late to the party sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I can’t recall ever missing school to wind or cold. I can’t remember more than 3 snow days either. Also my school rarely ever delayed. I could probably count the amount of times in 12 years on one hand. Snowflakes these days...

Did you walk to school in knee deep snow, barefoot?

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see I guess. It just  seems like some strange decisions come from that town. Usually the call is made by 5 AM. I’ve noticed you guys have been pretty late to the party sometimes. 

They make the call internally by 4:45 am, and we get the phone call and email by 5:10-5:15. I’m sure we’ll end up with about 10. They are saying some or all of Napril vacation will be taken away 

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Nah...my mom was a snowflake and would let me stay home if the roads were bad. 1990s TWC all day during a snow event FTW.

Lol. It's all about our litigation society. Everyone did see that school bus vid from the ice? That kind of scares the crap out of peeps. More and more schools are now doing snow days requiring online learning tasks and homework.

22 hours ago, butterfish55 said:

Working at a house in Tiverton, RI on the water. Still snowing sideways...looks like about 3/4-1 mile vis

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

if you could see across the river you might see my house, came home to a heavy coating last night , guessing probably had about .5" before sun / wind got got to work on it.

Archived