Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1-2 Anafront wave disco

Damage In Tolland

16 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

How Nice.  I get up at 9am in Helsinki (2am here) and fly home, stay up until 2am while it's Still Raining.  I go to bed, wake up, look at teh Radar, looked fantastic over RI, look outside....  

• 1/8"  So I stayed up 24 Straight hours too.  How nice.  :blink:  

And Weymouth got almost an Inch??  Taunton 1/5"??  CT got 4"-5"????  I get 1/8"??  ALL I do is Lose here.  That's all I do now a days in Cumberland.  Lose Lose Lose.  :fulltilt::o:blink::fulltilt:  

As far is Cumberland is concerned this was a bigger bust than the bra dolly parton wore the day she landed her first Nashville recording contract.

maybe some pizza and grinders at the Cumberland house of pizza to take the edge off? I have a feeling outside of a 3 mile stretch in tolland, Connecticut February 2018 is gonna make us long for February 1998 and February 2012.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ma blizzard said:

ended up with like 0.2" .. def got shafted on the east side of ORH hills this time. Kind of surprised how poorly my area did .. thought we were good for at least an inch or two 

Yeah depending on what side of the hills you were on seemed to make a huge difference. Western slopes finally scored a coup...they were due though. We always typically get the fun on the east slope...all those weenie enhancement setups while the west slope dries out. But not this time. Been a while since I've seen that sharp of a gradient though.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we all upsloped while east side downsloped. I didn’t see Union or Ashford to the east with such big differences like up in ORH. 

And even when there’s east or NE winds, we still don’t get shafted like that . 

Union still upsloped...

2 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Union still upsloped...

Yeah Union is the highest spot around there....they get he goods on both directions (though their easterly upslope isn't as strong as to their northeast). They are on the spine there. Places like ORH up to Holden and east side of Princeton are all getting immediate downsloping on westerly winds. In this event it was really pronounced for whatever reason.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Were the LEQ all that different from west to east? It’s possible the upslope may have led to localized cooling and perhaps half a degree made all the difference. That can happen too.

Yeah I was thinking about that . Like how much qpf did BDL or HFD or CEF get vs what I had or Hunch.. and what was ORH qpf?

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah I was thinking about that . Like how much qpf did BDL or HFD or CEF get vs what I had or Hunch.. and what was ORH qpf?

There was some funky banding too. Norfolk only managed 5.1" of snow at 1400ft... but places at 800 or 1000ft about 15 miles south in Litchfield County had about 6" or so. There was definitely some mesoscale features beyond orographics. 

10 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

There was some funky banding too. Norfolk only managed 5.1" of snow at 1400ft... but places at 800 or 1000ft about 15 miles south in Litchfield County had about 6" or so. There was definitely some mesoscale features beyond orographics. 

Did you get totals from Union or Ashford?

21 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Did Kevin say TollNd has had 7 snow days?! That seems a little ridiculous for a seasonal total of a hair over 30”

I had a delay and my school had almost zero.  I was glad since it gave me a chance to snowblow but  a bit of a waste.   

With the forecast it was understandable though

Archived