Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

well i am 7 inches closer to a foot, you?

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

bump for a response

A bit personal for a weather forum, don't you think?

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

more like bendover if ya know Pickles

Now we are getting very personal :o

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That’s my gripe with this. There isn’t a whole lot of room. It’s eiher too amped or shunted out to sea. At least on the euro, it’s not the best wintry pattern. Maybe it improves after next week and still some

time for Monday. 

Exactly.

Not the look of a big snow event....its either a diffuse system, or it rains...I prefer the former.

Looks like a typical fast flow pattern, no atlantic blocking and the pacific domains aren't quite strong enough to create a consistently good meridian flow. Shortwaves just trucking along, stopping only for pee breaks, drifting into whichever lane suits them at the moment.

Just because the pattern isn’t as cold and frigid as it looked, doesn’t change things. It’s still a massive change from AN to N to slightly below. We had zero chances of snow last 2 weeks. Now we have chance after chance. Will it be epic with massive snow or bitter cold thru Feb.. no. But it’ll be near to slightly BN with chances of snow before it flips warm in late Feb/ early Morch as long range stuff has. I’m with Will . We’ll take our chances . Will it rain to Maine .. yup.. Will it snow to Truro.. yup . Both will happen 

Archived